PDA

View Full Version : Controllers

RockyMtnReef
02/01/2006, 08:56 AM
I am planning a 220gal in-wall system and want to go with a controller to monitor, control lighting, alternate flow, and maintain pH and alkalinity. After reading the tank of the month description I am considering the IKS. According to their website they can do just about everything under the sun. Does anyone have any experience with IKS or can you recommend another option for me to consider? I want to do this right the first time.

Thanks,

marc

Tremelle
02/01/2006, 09:13 AM
Moonpod is using the IKS controller. You can shoot him a pm and ask him about is satisfaction with it. You should also consider the Aquatronica controller. There is a thread covering this controller. I have one and love it.

RockyMtnReef
02/01/2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your help. In my old tank I did everything by hand. The thought of having all the dosing etc done automatically is amazing.

RobbyG
02/04/2006, 01:16 PM
Aquatronica is expanding every month, new hardware, software upgrades etc. I love mine.

szwab
02/04/2006, 06:29 PM
I have an aquacontroller II and will be upgrading to the III very soon. I would reccomend them do you have a link for the Iks? I'm curious and would like to check them out :)

RockyMtnReef
02/06/2006, 08:25 AM
Here is the IKS website. The Aquastar control base unit is their top of the line. With all the probes it's definitely expensive but it seems like it does everything.

http://www.iks-usa.com/control-units.html

Marc

szwab
02/06/2006, 09:56 AM
thanks for the link :)