PDA

View Full Version : IKS Aquastar -vs- Aquatronics

Saltywater
02/01/2006, 04:08 PM
I am in the process of setting up my new 450gal display tank. I am looking to replace my current ACIII Pro with a new controller.
I am considering purchasing either the IKS Aquastar with the following modules: pH, Redox, Conductivity and Temperature or the Aquatronics with the same modules. I was wonder what feed back I could get on both units. I have checked them out on there web sites and they both have about the same price point. I would appreciate comments and advice from somebody, who has been using the controllers for some time.

Tremelle
02/01/2006, 11:36 PM
I am assuming you are referring to the Aquatronica controller. You should pm Moonpod, he has used an Aquatronica in the past, and now has the IKS system.

moonpod
02/01/2006, 11:44 PM
Actually still got both. The AQ is on the office tank, the IKS on the home. They are both good. I kinda like the "solidity" of the IKS, but the AQ is more flexible. I think the IKS is more "stable" as well (no weird wandering probe readings). The AQ however has more current developmental "upside"--the IKS doesn't have any obvious active upgrade development happening--course may be that they are just playing things close to the vest. Basically I set up the IKS and forgot about it--which is EXACTLY what I want my controller to do....