PDA

View Full Version : 4 copper treated fish back in the tank

BigReefing
02/01/2006, 09:15 PM
Last summer after I treated my 4 fish with copper sulfate I became ill for a long period of time. During that time someone in my family put my 4 fish back in my 100 gallon tank right out of the treated tank. Once my freak and I did. However it is months latter and I am somewhat better and taking better care of my tank. I had some die off, when I was unable to take care of it properly. The coraline is growing now. I saw a new leather that juse sprouted at an odd place in the tank. I have a new clam and an anemone. They are doing really well and has been a month now. I did major water changed before I put the in. I was really scared, but things are growing really well. I have a leather in there I have had for years that is also doing really well. I think with copper sulfate you can have some mild contamination and be ok. Why do I think this. Well because my tank is fine. Also, I have read that pet stores treat thier entire t salt water tank set up with a mild does of copper. So if you ever have a mild does of copper or some kind of bad chem, you might be ok. I know that if it was really bad my worms would have died and they are still alive. They would be the first to go. Just some incouragement for you all.

BigReefing
02/01/2006, 09:16 PM
I have noticed that while my anemone is doing well. The others at the store died lol. Mine is still going strong.

BigReefing
02/01/2006, 10:37 PM
bump

BigReefing
02/02/2006, 09:14 AM
bump, because this amazed me.