PDA

View Full Version : current usa nova extreme Help

eva99mn
02/02/2006, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I am converting my fish and live rock 20g tank to a reef and need you help.

Has anyone had experience with the current-usa Nova Extreme T5 Lighting? I have read the review of the current usa orbit and it was favorable and want to know if I should buy the T5 Version which should run cooler and with less heat.

I called the manufacturer and they said it would put out as much light as the comparable orbit 2x65 versus the 4x24 in the 24 inch Nova Extreme version.

Thanks alot!

EdKruzel
02/02/2006, 06:05 PM
I have the Outer Orbit on a 20 and it is outstanding, I think you'll enjoy the T-5 even more.

Ed

eva99mn
02/02/2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks Ed. Do you need a Chiller since the outer orbit has metal halides?

EdKruzel
02/02/2006, 06:42 PM
Not at all, it's suspended about 8-10''s from the water surface and the ouse is air conditioned.
Keeping the heater set helps to maintain 80-82 degrees.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/edkruzel/Picture157.jpg

eva99mn
02/02/2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks. Very Nice Tank!!!
Do you mind listing what is in the tank. It would be helpful. I especially want to know wat the red thing on te left side of the picture is?
Did you buy any of your coral online? I was wondering if their is a reliable place to buy coral since the local places are expensive.

Thanks. Great tank setup. Are you using an Aqua C Protein Skimmer?

EdKruzel
02/03/2006, 10:27 PM
I have a turbofloater 1000 in my sump as the skimmer.

On the left is a RBTA, there are several types of montipora and zoo's; a few types of mushrooms, two types of hammer corals, two types of blastomussa, stylofora, pavona, birdsnest, xenia, candycane, sinularia and a hydnophora.

I think that covers it all. :D

What I recommend is to look for a club or society near your area and begin buying or trading for frags.
Ordering becomes quite expensive when you include shipping.

Almost everything in my tank came from friends or through trades.

Ed

DaveAngie79
02/03/2006, 10:35 PM
as far as buying coral i would try finding a member in your area and see if he would sell you some frags
1. its cheaper
2. its fun to watch them grow
3. alot of time they will give you more than what you buy