View Full Version : selling house

02/03/2006, 12:21 PM
CRAP! I have had the house on the market for 4 days and looks like it will be sold today! herein is the issue. dont have a new house yet. may popentially have to move 2 times in the next month! GRRR!!!

So here is a plea. I know I am new to the group, but I think I am going to need either a safe haven for my tank and all inhabitants, or help moving it to the new house possibly 2 times. Should be either end of Feb or middle of March. I will have all buckets for rock/water/corals/fish, but may need some help in treardown and setup.

02/03/2006, 01:26 PM
Pickupman--I've been in your shoes over and over again being a college student. It really sucks moving tanks! I can't offer you a safe haven for your tank, but I will be glad to help move your tanks and offer my experiences from moving mine in the past.

02/03/2006, 04:41 PM
I dont mind helping either. I have a 2000sq ft basement I could keep everything 4 you in but Temp control is something Id have to figure out. Just let me know.

02/03/2006, 04:42 PM

thanks man. I have moved it 3 times in the 5.5 years it has been running. I normally use several 5 gallon buckets when moving it. I will let ya know when the time comes. hopefully it wont have to be moved twice in 1 month

02/03/2006, 04:50 PM
No problem all my friends hide when its time to move my tank.

02/03/2006, 08:32 PM
well, here is an update for yall. we officially have a contract on the house. took 3 days to sell it. We are looking for houses tomorrow, and hopefully we can find one ready for us to move in. we will be closing on this house Feb 28 and renting it till March 15th. I will have to be out by that time. So, those that are willing to help I will need possibly 1 afternoon before the 15th for your help. Shoot me a PM with your number so I can contact you.

02/04/2006, 01:15 AM
If I didn't have to work sooo much, I would love to help. Maybe when the time is near and if it's around a workable schedule, I may be able to help. Keep us posted!!!

02/04/2006, 02:35 PM
Keep us updated I may be available depending on the day I also have buckets tubs and a flatbed to move things with

02/04/2006, 07:20 PM
Makes you wonder if you had your house listed to low huh. ;)
I am pm'ing you my info if you need help moving the tank let me know. I wouldn't have room to care for it though. I have been running around my own house with a tape measure trying to find some where for a 6 foot tank.

02/04/2006, 09:02 PM
well, here is a bit of an update, although not much to it. we looked at several neighborhoods in and around the boro today and found a few we liked. however, the ones we really want are at the Buchanon rd exit (89) off I24. WAY OUT THERE! but talk about the perfect house.they do have a few different floorplans we liked available, and hopefully they will still be there come march 1 so we can buy them. (long story why waiting that long) As I will be out of town all next week, we will continue our search then and hopefully will find something we like just as much a little closer in. so what it looks like is moving sometime around the week of March 6 thru the 13th. I have yalls info and will certaintly holler when the time comes.

02/06/2006, 10:06 AM
It is not that far come on out I live out a little futher off I24 that is preaty nice out there and the value of the property will go up there soon with the plans that are in the works.

02/08/2006, 09:38 PM
I hear ya, but I have to factor in my wife and her commute into smyrna which also invlolves dropping the little one off at the sitter. she cannot handle an hour one way. we are strongly looking at the boro area as well as some in smyrna. I get back to Tn on friday and have all next week to find one...

02/09/2006, 07:25 AM
Ok if you want I have a good agent that helped me find a house at a steal you can call me at 4283262 and I will let you know his name

02/09/2006, 04:33 PM
Have you looked in the Mt Juliet area? I Love it here.

02/11/2006, 07:19 PM
Waynesworld, Yea, I have a great agent. got us into this house, and then sold it like hotcakes. Tuesday is D day. we have our choices made and will hopefully be able to make a decision and offer then and if the financing comes thru like it should, we should be in good shape not to have to do the apt thing. Might have to do a hotel for a week, but Hopefully not.

EBD, Mt juliet is just way to close to her parents and too far from her work. and all we found in out price range thru listings were manufactured homes and that is just not for us.

02/13/2006, 02:21 PM

well, here is the latest news in my Saga. Buyer for house is trying ot back out now for no reason. just cold feet. Talked with mortgage guy and we are good to go with loan for new house, so we are now faced with either letting the guy walk away and keep his earnest $$, or forcing the issue by threating leagal action as we are in a contract. if we force it, we can take him to court for breech of contract. if we let him go, no telling when we will get an offer like what we got and it could take 6 months to sell the house. by then we will have passed up buying the house we really want. Tough issue huh?

02/13/2006, 04:11 PM
Good luck with that!!!

02/13/2006, 04:41 PM
Hay how much are you asking for your house? and where is it I have a friend that is in the market and may be interested.

One word of advice on legal action is normally there are so many ways out of a contract on a house that you would be better off taking the earnest money and writing him off If you got an offer that quick you should get another. court is a PITA

02/13/2006, 07:13 PM
Oh dont get me wrong here, I am NOT taking the guy to court. just wanting to get his attention that he is in breech of contract. He made a serious offer, we accepted. he has his money, his home inspection and everything. just got cold feet. as of tonight, he is still wanting out. I may send a legal letter stating the breech of contract, but wont pursue it any further than that. will be collecting my earnest and getting the house back on the market tomorrow.

So details on the house. 1160sqft 3/2 vaulted ceilings, slate tile in Kitchen, new pergo in dining room, brick front, fully fenced back yard most of it new privacy fence, upgraded faucets and light fixtures, ceiling fans, 2 car driveway. I am not bragging here, but the house is in excelent shape and everything is in great condition. it is located in La Vergne and I am asking $112,900.

02/14/2006, 08:49 AM
That sounds like a nice house for her I told her about it and she will want to look at it and the area around it. Where in lavergne are you at? and can you pm me you contact info so I can pass it on? And are you listed with an agent?

02/14/2006, 06:21 PM
you got PM. BTW we did find a house today.

02/15/2006, 06:27 PM
UPDATE: Buyer did indeed back out and I am not pursueing legal action. HOuse is back on the market as of 2/15/06.

02/15/2006, 09:17 PM
my friend was out of town and got back tonight I think. I will try to talk to her about it.

02/18/2006, 02:22 PM
I am disappointed. I saw the post you was selling your house, and I was checking to see if you was selling it on Reef Central. I still have some supplements, frozen food, and PC Compact bulbs, so I was going to see if you wanted trade. Oh well :(

Yes I am being smart.

02/18/2006, 09:06 PM
Um.. yea.. trade... do you ahve a system or something worth maybe... um $113,000

03/11/2006, 08:55 PM
Ok... so here is the situation. we have a contract on our new house. ours is not sold as of yet, but hopefully very soon. closing date on the new house will be March 28. so if all goes as planned, we will be moving somewhere very shortly after that date. For those of you that PM'd me, they fell off and I dont have your number any more. please PM me again so I can have that.


03/12/2006, 04:30 PM
you can go back to "beginning" and look at all PM's as long as you didn't delete them. Check your board settings.

03/13/2006, 04:43 PM
well it has deleted all of my PM's even some from last week.