PDA

View Full Version : JBJ or Reeffanatic ATO

dwiseman
02/03/2006, 04:54 PM
I am looking at either the JBL ATO or the one by reeffanatic. Is one better than the other. Comments

Kinetic
02/03/2006, 04:57 PM
wow, no brainer, reef fanatic.

reef fanatic comes with two float sensors, and doesn't scream like crazy. JBJ only has one. I've heard horror stories. and it SCREAMS like a shrieking insane baby everytime it starts to top off. *** for? who knows.

I have 3 reef fanatic units running, and they've never let me down.

It has 1 sensor for deciding when to top off, and the second as a safety in case sensor 1 gets stuck or fails.

THere are other mods to use it with too.

dwiseman
02/03/2006, 05:13 PM
reef fanatic says max output 2A. I am current in saying that it could handle of pump up to 220 watts?

Kinetic
02/03/2006, 05:22 PM
i have no idea. why would you need to run a pump with so many watts for an ATO? that's pretty insane, and hard to control.

I use a TOM's aqualifter. It basically drips RO water. The Reef Fanatic + a dripper is so much more precise. TOM's aqualifter is $10 at bigalsonline.com. Why 220watts of power for an ATO? Are you getting water from across the street? I'm confused =X

dwiseman
02/03/2006, 05:34 PM
I want to make sure that the pump I use does not overload the circuit. I am looking at the Aqua Medic dosing pump that uses 4.5 watts. I have to pump from the basement to the first floor. Need something with vertical lift.

Kinetic
02/03/2006, 05:55 PM
ah I understand now. makes sense. I wouldn't be able to answer your question. maybe someone with more electronical sense can help you out.

physicslord
02/03/2006, 06:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6659720#post6659720 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dwiseman
reef fanatic says max output 2A. I am current in saying that it could handle of pump up to 220 watts?

P = I * V

I wouldn't go up to the max output though. Sounds like a recipe for disaster!