PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 4300 Flow Question

HowieUMD
02/03/2006, 08:29 PM
I was just wondering if it's safe, or damaging, to the pump to turn down the flow output a little? I have a ball valve about 6 inches from the output return line of the pump. When I have it completely open, just a little too much flow is coming out of my Sequence 4300 to the main tank, and it's creating micro bubbles that are filling the hole tank, causing a few drips to overflow over the back of the tank to the floor, and making my drains in the overflows a little loud. If I turn my ball valve the slightest amount to the right, to close it just a little, the bubbles completely go away, the drains are virtually silent, and there is no spillage over the back of the tank. This is ideal, but I just want to make sure the back pressure of closing the tube just a little isn't damaging for the pump. My guess, I'm slowing my flow to the main tank from about 2100 to 1800 GPH. It's going from my sump/fuge which is in the basement, all the way up, so there's about 15' head. Does anybody know if this is safe for the pump? Thanks!

HowieUMD
02/04/2006, 04:49 AM
Anybody?

Ereefic
02/04/2006, 11:29 AM
Hmmm, thought I answered this already in your other thread. But i'll answer it again here. :)

You can valve the output but NOT the intake.

Ereefic
02/04/2006, 11:29 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=768014

HowieUMD
02/04/2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks!