PDA

View Full Version : feeding a frogspawn

greatgman
02/03/2006, 08:51 PM
ne1 know what i can feed?

i have dt phyto and zooplankton
do these corals take food sort of like an anemone?
i had mine for a week and it has grown pretty well numerous new tentacles on each polyp- total of 5 polyps

also will a clownfish host it?

Ti
02/03/2006, 08:54 PM
a clown CAN host it.
Use a squirt tool to squirt phyto to the coral

BillnJennh
02/03/2006, 09:13 PM
A frogspawn really won't do much with phyto, they are a LPS coral and for the most part--all LPS coral require something more meaty. Try some cyclop-eeze or maybe some tiny pieces of shrimp. They don't have to be fed at all--and you'll find that no matter what, some never will seem to eat.

md fishes
02/03/2006, 09:29 PM
I have a lot of Lps that thrive and I have never fed them. I would worry by feeding them i would put excess nutrients into water and get algae.

greatgman
02/03/2006, 09:58 PM
what about baby brine shrimp and target feed?

BillnJennh
02/03/2006, 10:05 PM
As long as you're talking about newly hatched bbs, that would be decent. They still have their yolk sacs, and somewhat nutritious.

fishdoc11
02/03/2006, 10:18 PM
As mentioned above they don't eat phyto. FWIW I don't feed my frogspawns anything directly and have to frag them regularly. They do undoubtedly get some fish poop and smaller bits of food the fish don't get but not much. Feeding them smaller bits of meaty food wouldn't hurt.
Chris

Amphiprion
02/03/2006, 10:28 PM
I don't believe it is absolutely necessary to feed the frogspawn, but feeding is beneficial. It may boost growth rates and/or general viability, but I don't see it as a requirement for this coral. I have had luck feeding them smaller pieces of silversides.

orlenz
02/03/2006, 10:30 PM
I give mine small peices of shrimp, oyster, squid whatever i am feeding my anemonees at the time,