PDA

View Full Version : Caring for Colt

robharold
02/03/2006, 09:54 PM
Hello, I just purchased my first coral. A very nice Colt. I do need a little more information on it though. Can you folks tell me what is the colts preferred lighting and location and flow in a typical setting? I know there is no such thing as typical but you know what I mean.

Thank you in advance.
Rob

cubanheat1
02/03/2006, 11:10 PM
i have two colts in my current tank.first of all find a spot 3 times the size of the colt, these guys grow quickly inike 6months it will double in size.lighting- they are softies so pcs,vhos,t5,and MH are fine. mh will probably make it grow faster,and can be placed lower in tank.Flow- medium will be great and any spot on top or middle of tank will do just make sure base is secure an can attach to your LR in time. again these guys grow quickly they produce new arms and when a colt gets fairly large it is very easy to frag.supplement it with iodine and trace elements weekly this will help in survival and growth. post back if any ?s.

robharold
02/04/2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info. It has opened up already. I am very happy. I have a supplement block in the tank that slowly releases over a couple weeks. I'll check back if I have other questions.

GreyG35
02/04/2006, 12:21 PM
Keep the alkalinity up! They will shrink if the Alk isn't high enough (3.2 meq/l seems good).