PDA

View Full Version : White blob growing on yellowtang's mouth

multifish
02/03/2006, 11:25 PM
A week ago, I didn't really noticed this as I thought it could just be a little thing stuck on its mouth. After a week...I realize that it started to grow. I keep my water temp. at 76-78F.
Right now I got it in a little container in my tank and setting up my hospital tank tomorrow.
What is this and how do I remove it?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/multifish/IMG_4537.jpg
Thanks

BTTRFLYGRL
02/04/2006, 09:56 AM
Hmmmmm. My first guess would be Lymphocystis. Is it a white cauliflower shaped mass? There is no treatment for this viral disease, only advise is to keep water pristine and feed a well balanced diet. Unfortunately, with this being on his mouth,if it grows too large it may interfere with his eating.
Could you get a better picture? It really is hard to see

multifish
02/04/2006, 10:25 PM
Thats the best picture I can get of it, pretty hard to get a clear picture as its facing on the side all the time. I believe its getting worse, it appears to be alittle bit red now, like my tang's mouth been bleeding or something.

BTTRFLYGRL
02/05/2006, 02:49 AM
Yikes! I would probably go with some antibiotics in a qt for now. Hopefully Terryb or Leebca will chime in here with a better idea of what this might be. I'll keep bumping you, maybe we can get their attention;)