PDA

View Full Version : sps stung, what to do


bowfront26
02/04/2006, 10:08 AM
My frogspawn stung my digi, and has started turning white at the tip. Should I just break it off right below where its turning white.

BillnJennh
02/04/2006, 02:13 PM
You could break it, but if its not RTN, the digi might be able to cover that area back over with living tissue in time. I would keep an eye on it, and if it even looks suspicious--I'd break it quick.

aaron23
02/04/2006, 05:08 PM
wow same thing happend to me except my torch stinged my pavona. I just used a turkey baster and squished water at it seems at the spot where it was stung is turning more white and losing tissue but its not rtn. gona leave it and see what happens to it over the next couple of days.

Sparkss
02/04/2006, 11:37 PM
if a sting spot spreads (and you need to keep a close eye on it), then I would frag immediately, and maybe even "cauterize" the "wound" with super glue (gel, of course :)). As BillnJennh stated, it may recover and eventually repopulate the dead/stung spot. I have seen this happen about as many times as I have seen the whole coral die from it (the times I was too slow in fragging the stung piece). If you do end up having to frag it, don't be shy or stingy, cut if back well into the healthy tissue, or you may end up having to frag it again if the poison spreads past the cut area.

bowfront26
02/05/2006, 07:50 PM
thanks everyone, I cut just below the white area and it does not seem to be receeding any further.
thanks

MCsaxmaster
02/06/2006, 06:10 AM
Normally only the tissue in contact with the other coral is killed.

Good luck.

Chris