PDA

View Full Version : 9010 setup

tramsden
02/05/2006, 07:20 AM
Hi

Just installed a DOC 9010 skimmer into my sump, I have a 150 US Gall system with SPS and fish . I use Caulerpa as export method in my sump. Recently there as been a little Nitrate evident and accordingly I have decided to setup the Skimmer .

The question is .

What would you suggest I set the intake gate to ?, I dont want to skim aggresively just suppliment the macro algae.
I haven't fitted the side pipe to the skimmer , does this matter. Actually whats its purpose?

Cheers

.. Tony

rvitko
02/05/2006, 09:29 AM
Without the pipe the skimmer has to be submerged 10". If you run it this wayy you can close the shutter door for plankton safe skimming. The stand pipe keeps a constant internal water level with a flluctuating external water level but when used this way it has to have complete flow through and is in it's most agressive mode.

tramsden
02/05/2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for your quick answer..

.. Tony

alrha
02/07/2006, 09:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6670493#post6670493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
Without the pipe the skimmer has to be submerged 10". If you run it this wayy you can close the shutter door for plankton safe skimming. The stand pipe keeps a constant internal water level with a flluctuating external water level but when used this way it has to have complete flow through and is in it's most agressive mode.
i can remove the output-pipe on my 9015 to make it skim more aggresively?

rvitko
02/07/2006, 10:35 AM
No, it skims more agressively when using the pipe- then it is active flow through with no reciruclating.