PDA

View Full Version : jebo Products

jdoenumber2
02/05/2006, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have any expiernce with JEBO products? They seem cheap and all over ebay. Please warn me if you think that they are bad quality.

dattack
02/05/2006, 02:48 PM
It's pretty much hit and miss. I really think it's dependent on their quality control from China. If you are starting out, I would stay clear from it until you know a little better. Might want to try your luck on products that have better reputation.

shouldabenacowboy
02/05/2006, 03:49 PM
I have 3 of their canister filters on FW tanks and are worth every penny, 10 times over. I have not had any experience with other products (lights, skimmers....) but from reading other posts, people's experiences are hit or miss. If you try something out...post back and let us know

SBC

Zoalander
02/05/2006, 04:07 PM
Junk junk junk all of it. Safety hazard, junk.

Reefdaddy1
02/05/2006, 04:28 PM
Nah I have used thier PC system and took them apart to see what the deal is, Thier light use Generic ballast with Real nice connection posts to lights, the only thing I think that I would change and which I did was thier bulbs, They suck, Get new bulbs if you buy a light unit, But I changed my system to retro after I took them apart, They are not bad just Cheaper system in general.

staticx1134
02/05/2006, 08:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6673219#post6673219 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vetter1980
Junk junk junk all of it. Safety hazard, junk.

have you used any of the products that they sell???:confused:

Zoalander
02/05/2006, 08:38 PM
I have their POS dual skimmer that leaks and does nothing but add bubbles to the tank and my friend has a slightly burnt wall from their 175 watt MH HQI (Which is a 150 watt that is dangerously overpowered). Do a search on this forum and you will see all the complaints. One advice I can give anybody is that if your going to get cheap in this hobby your going to pay twice as much in the end.

staticx1134
02/05/2006, 08:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6674692#post6674692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vetter1980
I have their POS dual skimmer that leaks and does nothing but add bubbles to the tank and my friend has a slightly burnt wall from their 175 watt MH HQI (Which is a 150 watt that is dangerously overpowered). Do a search on this forum and you will see all the complaints. One advice I can give anybody is that if your going to get cheap in this hobby your going to pay twice as much in the end.

:eek2: :eek1: that is crazy that they would take a chance like that...Thanks for the info...

Reefdaddy1
02/05/2006, 10:19 PM
One mans expierence does not make a product, Some here will also tell you not buy any skimmer except Deltec. But I have read enough on this forum and from expierence to leaRN THAT you can get cheap on this hobby, Just look at the DIY stuff on here, you think they do it all for fun? No, its to save money in the long run.

dhnguyen
02/05/2006, 11:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6674692#post6674692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vetter1980

Funny. I run 2 cheapo $30 JEBO 180 skimmers (modded the pumps into needlewheels) and they both put the Aqua C Remora a friend of mine has to shame. My lighting is an Odyssea fixture 2X150W HQI, 2X96W PC, and moonlight LEDs. Since it was the earlier model, I had to rewired the lights so that they would run on different plugs to be used for timers (took about 30 minutes). Other than that, I have had no problems with the lights at all. Have had it for a bit over a year now.

I have heard though that others have not had such good experience with their lighting.

D.

csouv
02/08/2006, 01:57 PM
Definitely a hit and miss it seems. I have been using their 2x150 96wPC w/moon lights fixture for 6months+ No issues so far. Keeping my fingers crossed of course.

bigbenji
02/09/2006, 05:10 AM
If you've got DIY skills or you know how to rewire your lights, I'd say go for it. Of course, you could probably build your own. If you have no idea about how to even get started, then you'll want an all-in-one fixture. Since most people recommend buying new bulbs with JEBO fixtures anyway, why not pay a bit more and get something with good bulbs and a reputable name and warranty? I'm too paranoid to mess with cheap lighting anyway.

danferd2002
02/09/2006, 05:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6675975#post6675975 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dhnguyen
Funny. I run 2 cheapo $30 JEBO 180 skimmers (modded the pumps into needlewheels) and they both put the Aqua C Remora a friend of mine has to shame. My lighting is an Odyssea fixture 2X150W HQI, 2X96W PC, and moonlight LEDs. Since it was the earlier model, I had to rewired the lights so that they would run on different plugs to be used for timers (took about 30 minutes). Other than that, I have had no problems with the lights at all. Have had it for a bit over a year now.

I have heard though that others have not had such good experience with their lighting.

D.

could you tell me how you modded you skimmers, as i have one laying around and would love to know

dhnguyen
02/09/2006, 10:25 AM
Actually it's very easy to mod the pump into a needlewheel.

Check here.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=747465

Zoalander
02/09/2006, 11:06 AM
It seems to me that 50% like Jebo (for the price) and 50% hate them. Thats not good enough for us as consumers, not to mention that it seems like everything they make need to be modified in some way to perform. Why should you pay for a lighting system that you have to re-wire? Who do you even call if something fails? IMO go with a brand with a good track record and good customer service.

dhnguyen
02/09/2006, 11:12 AM
Well I was quoted a similar fixture from Coralife for $750 and change. Bought my Odyssea MH fixture for $350 shipped. I'd re-wire it for $400 difference.

IMO these ready to go MH light fixtures being sold are RIDICULOUSLY priced.

dhnguyen
02/09/2006, 11:18 AM
And yeah you wanna talk about quality from a well known company? I have a Coralife Aqualight PC fixture - basically an overpriced piece of junk (paid $300). The plastic legs would snap off very easily and would need replacement, and try changing those bulbs too after some time. I couldn't even get the things out because they were rusted and fused together to the end caps. Had to break them just to replace them :(

Zoalander
02/09/2006, 11:19 AM
Hopefully it will last for you and you have good luck with it. I bought a coraile 48" MH fixture used (Has to be at least a couple years old) and I haven't had a single issue with it since I've had it. I'm sure half of the stuff Jebo makes is good, I'm just saying thats not good enough. There is a reason they are going for how much they are going for. The responsible LFS in my area will not sell these products from Jebo because they are safety hazards.