PDA

View Full Version : Regal Angel won't eat...

goldscarf
02/05/2006, 10:45 PM
I need some suggestions, I have a beautiful 5" Regal Angel in my 90gal. tank. The tank isn't over crowded and he isn't getting picked on by anyone. I have about 100lbs of LR in there and the water quality is perfect. That said, he has been in the tank for about a week and hasn't eaten (in front of me) he doesn't look emaciated, and he is swimming around very actively. He doesn't hide much and seems content... That said, I have tried feeding him Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, Formula One, Prime Reef, and that Angel Cube Formula with the Sponges in it. He sees the food and then passes on it. I have even tried soaking in garlic.

I am open to any suggestions, the only thing I can think of is to get a couple of clams from the supermarket.

goldscarf
02/06/2006, 09:27 AM
Anyone?

Alaskan Reefer
02/06/2006, 04:03 PM
Try some veggies -- nori, macroalgae. Might work...

GregM779
02/06/2006, 04:48 PM
I added one a few days ago and am still trying to get him to eat, I'll let you know what he starts with

doody
02/06/2006, 09:53 PM
Try a a muusel or clam in a half shell. These guys are notorious for not eating. Read the big thread in the reef fish forum. Then re-read it twice. They don't naturaly eat out of the water colom. So try feeding on a clip when you can.
Good luck