PDA

View Full Version : Flow rates to my chiller

Bert Shaft
02/06/2006, 01:44 PM
Hi gang,

I have just re-set up my tank and i bought myself a aqua medic titan 1500 chiller, at the moment the way it is set up is the chiller is about 15' from the tank (in a cupboard under the stairs) so the water has to go 15' from the sump and then 15' back to return to the tank, with approx 5' of head at the tank.

I am currently using a eheim 1262 to pump to the chiller but i am having doubts about it's capability to put enough through the chiller, at the moment the chiller isn't switched on because i feel that the flow requirement isn't there.

Any of you guys got any advice, i'm seriously thinking about getting rid of the titan and getting a teco RA680 instead as they only run on 400 litres per hour throughput, by the way the recommended flow rate for the titan are 800/2500 litres per hour, and the eheim 1262 pumps about 3,000 litres per hour.

All the best

Paul, Manchester, England.

ujohnk
02/06/2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Bert,
I have a teco ra680 and i use a ehiem 1262 to feed it. The chiller is around 4' from the tank with about a 4' of head at the tank. The flow coming back in to the tank is very very slow. The chiller seems to slow the flow badly.

John..