PDA

View Full Version : snowflake eel

keston
02/06/2006, 03:16 PM
Hi reefcentral I have 2 questions.

1: If anyone else at the forum has a snowflake eel what do you all feed it. I have been giving mines brine shrimp but I don't know if it eats it or not because I rarely see it come out at day times and at night time I have no idea where it is in the aquarium.

2: Would some mushrooms go good with false percuilar clowns.

Monkeyfish
02/06/2006, 03:48 PM
At the risk of sounding like a jerk... you should really find out basic care requirements of an animal BEFORE you purchase it. Do a search on RC or Google and you'll get plenty of info. I believe SF eels are primarily crustacean eaters.

Mushroom corals get along fine with perc clowns, just don't expect the clowns to host them. Mushrooms

keston
02/06/2006, 05:03 PM
I read aroud on the internet before purchasing and brine shrimp, and clams were good for it how ever though mines seems to prefer krill.

FMarini
02/06/2006, 05:11 PM
please read this first.
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-12/fm/index.php

This must be a really small SFE, remember that these fish are crusteacean eaters, hence the pebble-toothed jaws. Small gulf shrimp chunks.

turbonegro
02/06/2006, 11:25 PM
I feed mine shrimp,scallops and clams. Go to your grocery store for the shrimp and the scallops.

kjmst29
02/07/2006, 11:12 AM
fresh cleaned squid is all mine will eat.

jda
02/07/2006, 03:00 PM
My snowflake will eat anything. Pellets, formula, whatever. He really likes fresh seafood like octopus, squid, etc. Give him some time and he should not refuse much.