PDA

View Full Version : please help from megaflow owners

Greg manton
02/08/2006, 06:42 PM
i have gotten a 90 gallon megaflow and just gotten it running last knight. i am having a small issue with bubles. when the water comes from tank it is full of micro bubles and is filling my skimmer comp at this point the skimmer pulls in the bubbles and compounds the problem. i am useing flexable drain tube the type with the spiral in it. can anyone help or had this problem. my display is full of micro bubbles even through buble trap in sump. skimmer is working awsome though(supercharged) any help would be greatly appreciated.

njp14333
02/08/2006, 06:48 PM
you can try adding a filter sock (http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=EA1351) to the end of the line going into the sump from the overflow. just make sure you replace the sock as needed because if it gets clogged it may cause your tank to overflow. will deffinently reduce microbubbles though.

Greg manton
02/08/2006, 07:18 PM
would this spounge not do what the filter sock does. would smooth line to sump stop this

njp14333
02/09/2006, 08:09 AM
the filter sock is much finer than the mag sponges and will catch the microbubbles that the sponge just let through.