PDA

View Full Version : 120 stocking suggestions?

akhanf
02/08/2006, 08:08 PM
Hi guys, just bought a new 120 gal (4'x2'x2')!
Gonna be transferring everything from my current 55 to the new tank. Here's what I have in there right now:

2 percula clowns
1 bangaii cardinal
1 bicolor blenny
1 lawnmower blenny
1 brazilian gramma
1 cleaner wrasse
1 potter's angel
and various shrimps/urchins/crabs/snails etc..

I want to get a couple bigger fishes since all my fish are pretty small right now. Thinking about a tang (purple tang?) and maybe a trigger (niger or bluethroat?).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

FATDUBS
02/08/2006, 09:01 PM
you have a lot of small fish a trigger might not be a good with them, purple tang is one of the most aggressive tangs out there he won’t bother any of the fish you already have but if you want to add another tang that could be a problem, not too big of a problem if you chose the right one to go with him

akhanf
02/09/2006, 01:10 AM
I heard the bluethroat is a pretty peaceful fish; anyone keep any with small fish?
As for tangs, can anyone recommend 2 tangs that can live together in this size of a tank?

Teremei
02/09/2006, 06:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6700202#post6700202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by akhanf
I heard the bluethroat is a pretty peaceful fish; anyone keep any with small fish?
As for tangs, can anyone recommend 2 tangs that can live together in this size of a tank?

Many of them can, too many to name. Just stay away from the ones that are more aggressive. How to find out? Read different webpages opinions on their selling page. .

Liveaquaria.com
marinecenter.com
marinedepotlive.com
saltwaterfish.com

Some of them mention if a certain tang is aggressive, Purple, Chevron, Achilles, ect. . .

You can mix just about any tangs. . Blue, Yellow, Whitecheeck, kole, the list goes on and on. . .

ruiny
02/09/2006, 01:59 PM
My purple tang is very aggressive towards any other tangs. Killed 3 a naso , a unicorn and a sailfin.
All of the other tangs seemed to be very peacful.

akhanf
02/09/2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah I think I'll skip on the trigger and aggressive tangs, they'll be too much of a headache.. you think 2 easy tangs and a school of anthias (6?) will be ok instead?

davidcalgary29
02/09/2006, 05:19 PM
Niger triggers truly are beautiful fish. Mine has left my corals and inverts alone, but I understand that they can become destructive with age. Still, they're worth a look if you're looking for something with personality (and particularly sharp teeth!)