PDA

View Full Version : actinic bulbs

RoscoPColtrane
02/08/2006, 08:46 PM
I just ordered some new PC bulbs, halides and a scwd. Everything was packed very well and arrived on time.

My question is regarding the true actinic03 bulbs I ordered. They are labelled as such but they really don't appear to be actinic, they look exactly like the less efficient and cheaper blue 7100K bulbs. My corals don't look nearly as good under these bulbs as the "real" actinics I had previously ordered from another supplier.
Is there a way to verify these are the real actinics? Maybe the bulb maker mislabelled the 7100K's as actinic 03s?

Other than this bulb problem, my ordering experience has been great.

Jeremy B.
02/08/2006, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I saw your thread in another forum here on RC earlier tonight and planned on checking into this first thing in the morning. I will get back with you tomorrow on what I find out for you.

Thank you for your business!

Thanks,
Jeremy

RoscoPColtrane
02/09/2006, 09:31 AM
Jeremy thank you for your help. I probably should have posted here first. This bulb is by no means a reflection on p.a. and for all i know it is a true actinic bulb. I was just trying to gain information about the bulb. The rest of my order was great and i would certainly order again.

Jeremy B.
02/09/2006, 04:19 PM
Hi,

After comparing all of the actinics the 03 RFI's that you have are really kind of inbetween. When they are brand new they appear more as a 7100k or "ultra actinic", and when they are used they look like they are "true actinic".

If you would like to return these and switch to something else you are more than welcome to.

Thanks,
Jeremy

RoscoPColtrane
02/09/2006, 06:30 PM
thank you again jeremy you have been very helpful