PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Question

hardparts2
02/08/2006, 09:05 PM
I just started setting up my 55g reef I added substrate, filled with ro water, added 2 seio 620 pumps added salt also added coralife 125g needle wheel skimmer I am running all of them now but I am having trouble with micro bubbles from the skimmer is this normal for a new setup will it clear up after awhile? Oh I am running the skimmer output into the bubble box that came with the skimmer and still have alot of bubbles.

Thanks Alot Bob

Konadog
02/08/2006, 09:37 PM
Give your tank some time. Once all your plumbing, including your skimmer has a chance to develop a slime coating, most of your problems will go away.

todd2000
02/08/2006, 09:46 PM
Im no expert, but im not sure how a slime coating will reduce micro bubbles. Someone enlighten me if im wrong. I have this skimmer and I have a ton of bubbles.

Monkeyfish
02/09/2006, 10:37 AM
There are several threads dicussing coralife superskimmers in the "lighting/filtration/other equipment forum.

Konadog
02/09/2006, 02:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6699013#post6699013 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by todd2000
Im no expert, but im not sure how a slime coating will reduce micro bubbles. Someone enlighten me if im wrong. I have this skimmer and I have a ton of bubbles. If the air is coming from trapped air within the pipes, pumps, etc.. the slime coating allows the air to pass thru without sticking to the pipes. If the micro bubble problem you have is from the skimmer foam, that's another story. Sorry if I misunderstood.