PDA

View Full Version : Equipment advise

ianward
02/10/2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the advise earlier, it was so helpfull I have decided to list all of my planned purchases so please comment in regards to any glaring problem areas and any noisy equipment.

95 Gal custom tank with costom overflow.
Coralife Calcium Reactor-250
Coralife Aqualight Pro 36" 250 Watt HQI
All-Glass #3 Sump
Pentair Aquatics 25 Watt U.V. Sterilizer
Coral Life 1100 pump,
ETS Reef Devil Deluxe Skimmer or An ASM g3

I will also be looking or a controller and top reseviour and of course powerheads.
I am starting off with liverock/fish but plan to get into corals and inverts.

There are times I will be away for a week so I need it to coast through these periods.
Thanks

Bebo77
02/10/2006, 09:00 PM
nice set up, i would get the asm skimmer though

ufans
02/11/2006, 08:20 AM
Depending on what corals you want and the distance between the sump and the display you might want more flow in the display. A couple powerheads or a closed-loop would do the trick.

If you are starting with LR and Fish then I would ditch the UV and the Ca Reactor and load up on more LR. The UV doesn't do that much unless you have bad water and the Ca Reactor is for larger tanks or for people that don't want to have to dose Kalk.

The other big purchase you didn't mention is the RO/DI. Then again the LR and LS can cost a lot as well.

ianward
02/11/2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks, I awll look more into the ASM, does it have a seperate collection cup capability I am afraid of an overflow while I am on trips.
I thought the Ca reactor would help fo my trips as I won't be around to dose with Kalk for up to 6 days or so.
Cheers

ianward
02/11/2006, 09:04 AM
Oh, and I plan 1.5 pounds of LR to start off and am looking at some Tunze powerheads, is it worth getting their controller as well?