PDA

View Full Version : Advise please

CarmieJo
02/11/2006, 02:08 PM
I've had my 54 gal AGA reef ready tank set up for about 3 weeks. I used 100# Southdown LS & 30# LR from an established tank and have never had any measurable NH3 or NO2. NO3 is 10. I've put some coral heads that I had from my FO tank back in the 80's in but nothing is growing on them yet. The LR has tons of feather dusters and clams, some vermetid snails and a few small 'shrooms. They are all doing fine. I added 2 hermits after 5 days and a chromis 3 days ago. Neither caused any change in my parameters.

I want to add to my clean-up crew. Besides the 2 hermits that I bought, I have one big snail and a bunch of small snails came along with my sand/rock. I think I would like some more hermits and a few cleaner shrimp. How many do you think that I could safely add at one time?

BlackOnyx
02/11/2006, 03:59 PM
add 2 cleaners else they may fight for territory, careful with the hermit my snails are now starting to disappear.

CarmieJo
02/11/2006, 08:26 PM
I've got some extra shells for the hermits I have b/c I've been told they will kill snails to get their shells if they don't have other empty ones to choose from.
:fish2:

Brandon's Reef
02/11/2006, 08:33 PM
IME you can add as many hermits as you want at one time I would start with 10. As for the Shrimp I would only go with 2 for now