PDA

View Full Version : DIY Limewater Doser

Lizard333
02/12/2006, 11:18 AM
I hope that I am not intruding on this forum. I have not actually started on my 90 gallon tank but I am on of those people that like to plan everything out a head of time. I am set up my tank as a reef tank so I am looking into everything that I am needing. I would possibly like to dose with limewater (pickling powder) and don't know if I even need one. I also do not want to spend all of the money they want for a reactor. I aslo do not mind using vinegar, instead of CO2. I just don't have the room except under my tank. Anything that can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

:)

fishtk75
02/14/2006, 05:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6723030#post6723030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lizard333
I hope that I am not intruding on this forum. I have not actually started on my 90 gallon tank but I am on of those people that like to plan everything out a head of time. I am set up my tank as a reef tank so I am looking into everything that I am needing. I would possibly like to dose with limewater (pickling powder) and don't know if I even need one. I also do not want to spend all of the money they want for a reactor. I aslo do not mind using vinegar, instead of CO2. I just don't have the room except under my tank. Anything that can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

:)

I use a gallon spring water bottles two holes on top.
Put in air line plastic line used for under gravel fillers in one hole just big so the hard line tubbiing fits in long to 1" from the bottom that is for going out for the clear lime water and not let the white stuf clog the tube then a 1" from the cap I put flexable air line on the hard line to a air valve to control the flow then add the line long to get to the high flow area in the sump or tank put bottle higher than the tank or sump the other hole I have do the same thing but 1" from the cap with flex air line for about a foot for in coming air. I added a small air pump to push the air in with a tee and valve to control the air.

there is a plan I found and used on this site.
http://fragexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=25634

Lizard333
02/15/2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. I just wanted something simple like this and could not see spending the kind of money they want for the reactors. Thanks again!!

fishtk75
02/15/2006, 02:20 PM
all here to help.

sales weasel
02/15/2006, 02:33 PM
That's about as simple as it gets! I'm going to make one of those.

RicoJ
02/15/2006, 02:48 PM
Here is my DIY

http://members.cox.net/michelebackup/P1010082.jpg

dhnguyen
02/15/2006, 02:54 PM
nice DIY RicoJ but hat's more of a kalk reactor than a kalk doser isn't it?

D.