PDA

View Full Version : new lfs

iceman5
02/13/2006, 02:20 PM
i stopped at pet sup plus today and in the back where just pets used to be is a place now called the pet connection. its all fresh water except about 10 tanks 4 maybe 30 gallons and 6 tanks thats about 15 gallons that will be saltwater. right now all they have are damsels domino, yellow tailed, green chromis.no prices were listed yet. i asked the girl what they were planning and she said that they will have corals in about a month i dont know if they are going to add a center tank in the middle of the room or what. but right now it looks like they will have a pretty small selection. tanks look every clean for a lfs, i guess for now lol
Andrew

basicsafty
02/13/2006, 07:01 PM
It looked to me like they were using those fish to cycle the system when I stopped in last week. That doesn't really put them off to a good start in my book :(

jmkarcz
02/13/2006, 08:03 PM
No, Especially if their selling out of them while their cycling... That can't be good.

J

iceman5
03/09/2006, 09:44 PM
i havent been back yet has anyone seen any change. a girl said they wherew going to get some corals in a month or so?

basicsafty
03/11/2006, 08:11 PM
I just went there this afternoon, they had a pretty sparse selection of fish, and there was still brown algae all over. It might end up being a decent store, their prices were at least reasonable and everything was 20% off, so if anyone is looking for a blue koran angel, flame angel or a few clowns it might be worth a look. Their live rock was also only 6.99/lb and it is currently 20% off, which is a pretty good price for live rock from a LFS, but it was still just standard fiji stuff. If they allow special orders it could be promising.

edit: I just remembered they also had a pair of yellow tank bred seahorses as well as cleaner shrimp.