PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Authority??????????

stan zemanek
02/13/2006, 06:55 PM
Any word on the new store? did it open this weekend?:rolleyes:

mmgm
02/13/2006, 07:06 PM
Tagging along....
Where is the new store?

cooder24
02/13/2006, 09:11 PM
talked to the owner today, he said that they are still stocking and waiting for final insections. They how to be up and running for buisness this weekend.

cooder24
02/13/2006, 09:11 PM
sorry inspections....lol that didnt sound right

MCWarhammer
02/14/2006, 10:31 AM
Let me knowif anyone knows if they open. I'll be in Philly and would like to stop by on my way in.

mmgm
02/14/2006, 08:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6738610#post6738610 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MCWarhammer
Let me knowif anyone knows if they open. I'll be in Philly and would like to stop by on my way in.

Where is the store?

MCWarhammer
02/15/2006, 12:06 AM
its on rt70 in marlton.. well,i thought it was,i just googled it.. heres the address

Aquarium Authority, 1200 Marlton Pike E Apt 707, Cherry Hill, NJ

bswedenburg
02/15/2006, 12:22 AM
whew...for a second there i thought it was an offshoot of Homeland Security!

DaveNJ
02/15/2006, 01:48 PM
Yes it is on Route 70 , Marlton Pike = Rt 70. It on the east bound side of 70 before the 70/73 circle. Going east you will pass a light with pep boys on your right and a McD's on your left ( I believe it is in the 2nd strip mall after the light on your right. Going west got through the circle, pass the store and hang a u-turn at the same light.

DaveNJ
02/15/2006, 01:49 PM
Correction east bound McD is on you Right and Pep Boys is on your left.. Sorry about that

BLOODMAN
02/15/2006, 02:23 PM
I think they are called In Living Color now?

MCWarhammer
02/15/2006, 02:25 PM
Yea I believe thats the new name. I hope its opened by this weekend.

sinkingbeach
02/15/2006, 02:37 PM
I wish the owner would take a few short minutes and update us with the status of the new store, actually I wonder if he's allowed if not a sponsor? :confused: I guess I'll just start drinkinging again:cool:

mmgm
02/15/2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks I'll check it out...

Ron
02/16/2006, 06:17 AM
Yes, the new name is In Living Color. I received a local newspaper that said they were opening on 2/15/2006. I didn't call to verify but I was thinking on checking it out on Friday.

Ron
:strooper:

sinkingbeach
02/16/2006, 07:55 AM
According to this thread they need to wait on an electric inspection, no soft opening on the 15th

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=770042

JENnKerry
02/16/2006, 06:04 PM
THey should be opening this Sunday. My wife got a job there. They're just waiting for a final inspection and something with a permit. They're all stocked and ready to go.

Sparg93
02/16/2006, 09:44 PM
What town is this place in?

Anyone have a phone number for it?

Thanks!

Ron
02/17/2006, 09:34 AM
I called them yesterday and they were not open yet. I gave them my name and phone number so they can call me when they are permitted to open. I will post back here once I get the call

^They are located in Marlton, NJ
Phone: 856-985-3474

Ron

JENnKerry
02/17/2006, 03:11 PM
Ok, I guess I have all the inside info here. I just got home from work (this is Jen) And they were HOPING to be open tomorrow but because things are still being tagged and put out, no registers yet either, they are pushing for maybe Sunday/Monday. I dont go back till Monday morning.

Let me tell you guys...you have NEVER seen a place like this! People will be crossing state lines for this place! You name it, they got it..OR if they dont, they can get it!
They even have a large black tang! More corals then you could ever imagine! You will be floored and could spend hours just looking around and talking with all the employees. WHICH I must say are VERY knowlageable! So, just hang in there, we're almost done, it will be worth the wait!

BobCReef
02/17/2006, 08:11 PM
I had stopped in there last week hoping they would be open. They were not but they let me look around a bit. They were unloading a fish delivery. The tanks were packed then. Coral and fish everywhere. I have been calling all week hoping they would be open soon. No prices on anything when i was there so not sure on that.

DirkG
02/19/2006, 08:59 AM
are they open yet??????

JENnKerry
02/19/2006, 10:08 AM
Not yet

Tsunami
02/19/2006, 03:28 PM
how about now?

BLOODMAN
02/20/2006, 08:05 AM
Do you think they will be open for a big President's day sale?

ftnirishfan
02/20/2006, 08:10 AM
The township that has to issue the permit is not open today, it is a Holiday!! If there's an inspection remaining they may not even be open tomorrow as it is going to depend on when the inspector gets there. I believe the Twp still has to issue the final CO before they can open.

scarletknight06
02/20/2006, 10:43 AM
so did anyone here if they're opening tomorrow? if so I am making a trip!

MCWarhammer
02/20/2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=770042&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

according to this thread.. it is.. unfortunately, ill be in the city and will have to go another day :( I was hoping to go on opening.

RichT
02/20/2006, 11:25 AM
From what I understand, tomorrow 2/21 will be a "soft" opening. (without the grand opening fanfare) I beleive the Grand Opening is the weekend of March 17th. I plan on riding up tomorrow night and the 18th.

JENnKerry
02/20/2006, 01:30 PM
It will be worth the drive.

doswari
02/20/2006, 01:44 PM
Woo hoo!!!

I've been waiting for this store to open for a long time. I'll be going tomorrow night as well and should be there around 7PM.

JENnKerry
02/20/2006, 01:49 PM
*****UPDATE*****

Jen just got home from work. They are opening tomorrow.

BLOODMAN
02/20/2006, 02:19 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftnirishfan
02/20/2006, 03:25 PM
***********UPDATE************

I will be there!

Ron
02/20/2006, 04:06 PM
Well, everyone else beat me to the announcement that they will open tomorrow. I won't be able to make it there until Friday though. Make sure to leave some good stuff there for me. =)

Ron

BobCReef
02/20/2006, 04:58 PM
sounds like we will all be there tommorrow night. hope to see everyone there

DirkG
02/20/2006, 07:21 PM
anyone know what their hours are?

Dirk

Tsunami
02/20/2006, 08:02 PM
according to the sign on the door (from another post) they open at 9 am. Don't know closing time.

JENnKerry
02/20/2006, 08:07 PM
Im pretty sure they will be running 9 to 9 monday thru sat, sunday im not sure cause I dont work weekends.

kevy_kev1
02/21/2006, 02:52 PM
no update!?!?! Somebody surely has something to say about the place

kevy_kev1
02/21/2006, 03:19 PM
the philly :rolleyes: people beat us to it!!
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=782415

:D :D ;)

Ortho Bill
02/21/2006, 04:57 PM
Just got home. Very nice. I agree that some of the pricing seemed a little high (mostly the dry goods) but the place certainly is impressive. Noticed alot of "floaters" in the tanks (fish). May just be a matter of everything being so new. Staff was very pleasent, appeared extremely knowledgeable. I'd suggest waiting a couple of days though. Hard to formulate an accurate opinion when most of the livestock was not priced. I'll go back in a couple of weeks to give them some time to settle in.

Steve Ho
02/21/2006, 05:45 PM
I went and checked it out. I was pretty impressed with the place. As Bill mentioned, most of the livestock wasn't priced yet. What I did see priced did seem a little high. I bought a test kit and some snails, and both of those were priced about right. I thought the selection of fish and corals was quite good, especially considering they just opened. There were a few sick looking fish, but overall I thought the livestock looked pretty good. A couple real nice display tanks too.

Steve Ho
02/21/2006, 05:48 PM
I forgot. My only complaint with the place is the parking--completely inadequate!

dougc
02/21/2006, 10:29 PM
I got lucky on the parking. As I pulled in, someone pulled out and I parked right by the front steps. There is parking around back, but they had so many people working today that the employees filled up all those spots.

I'll have to get in there and spend some time staring at the display reef when the crowds die down a bit. Give me a cup of coffee and a sofa and I'm set.

panmanmatt
02/25/2006, 06:30 PM
I plan on heading out tomorrow, anybody know what time they open? I have looked through the threads but can't find it.

scarletknight06
03/04/2006, 05:59 PM
I just got back from a trip down there. Here's my review
First of all parking was terrible as other people said. The front room was pretty nice, and they had a nice selection of dry goods. The clam tank was interesting, but the clams didnt look too healthy and were covered in silty stuff (not sand from the tank) and detritus. The sps tank was cool and they had some pretty nice colonies, but some were half dead and prices were pretty ridiculous. Also they were using 2 coralife super skimmers, which are decent but some ASM's or an MRC (which they stocked a lot of) would have been alot better. For flow they had mag's on a closed loop and the outputs were bulkhead strainers, which didnt seem to be adequate flow at all.

My guess is that any sps thats in that tank for longer than a month will start to STN, but if they can turn stuff over and keep bringing new stuff in it will be ok for a while. I think the tank will look pretty bad in a year. I don't understand why they skimped on the skimming and flow when they had a really nice tank built.

The fish selection was good and prices were posted and seemed to be pretty good. but there were a lot of sick and dead fish, any fish i would have bought from there I'd be scared to add it to my tank. From what I can tell the tanks were running off of coralife super skimmers again.

The big display tank at the front, seemed to be running skimmerless at the moment, but there was a dry ETSS skimmer in the cabinet (maybe they were in the process of switching them?). The tank had some really nice sps in it, but also a few really dead ones. and colonies were literally stacked ontop of eachother.

I think if they don't change some of those things in a year it will be pretty bad, but they definitely have a lot of potential.

JENnKerry
03/04/2006, 06:56 PM
I work there everyday of the week. I am one of the first people in and I gotta give them a lot of credit, much more then I have been hearing. You have to take into perspective the size of the store, the amount of tanks running and the fact that its a new set up in a whole!

The 210 display in the front, that is Ed's tank, he is one of the owners. Some of his SPS crashed out and he was very upset about that because he had them for years from frags. Everything in that tank is from his own and transfered over. The dead fish, that isnt our fault, one of the suppliers was having a problem with their distributor and all the fish they sold to every purchasing store..had some die off.
This past Wed, we received 60 boxes of fish from 3 orders. I came in and checked all the tanks for dead fish and I only pulled approx 10-14 fish after 12 hours of arrival. I gotta say, your not giving credit where credit is due.
It will take time for everything to settle in, they are a new store and deserve all the positive feedback cause they have done an outstanding job.
Show me one other fish store in NJ that is this great...I really cant think of one.

scarletknight06
03/05/2006, 01:23 PM
Like I said I think the store has a lot of potential, but they obviously have some things to fix. I'll give them credit for attempting to create a really great store but they've got some work to do it seems.