PDA

View Full Version : Clown fish help please!!!

kharn101
02/13/2006, 07:55 PM
okay i just bought a marrone a couple of days ago it was fine, then i noticed sting marks on the fish..i have a green carpet btw...ever since that happened my fish has gone to hell....it is on it's last legs....its fins look torn and its tail is also shreded...what should i do?

traveller7
02/13/2006, 08:42 PM
In order to provide guidance, we are going to need details of inhabitants, water conditions, dietary information, the maroon's breathing rate, etc.

fwiw: I would seriously doubt this relates to anemone "sting marks" but more from an infection.

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:09 PM
breathing heavily, no inhabitants besides a green carpet...i put him on flake..everthing at 0-ppm in my tank...

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:13 PM
it was fine then one day it went near the carpet...and ever since then it's been bad..

traveller7
02/13/2006, 09:16 PM
Is the fish still eating?

Does the fish have portions of the dorsal area white and slimy?

Does the first stripe on the fish appear to be "pitted", eroding, or "rotting"?

Is the fish swimming in one place rapidly pointed to the surface or to the sand?

I know it can be tough to tell on maroons, but are the fins showing signs of bleeding at the frayed ends?

Is the anemone behaving "normally"?

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:17 PM
wow..yes it does have frayed ends.. no white or slimmy areas only white bubs..that look like stings.... the fish is faced towards the surface...lmk..

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:21 PM
wow..yes it does have frayed ends.. no white or slimmy areas only white bubs..that look like stings.... the fish is faced towards the surface...lmk..
now he is is lying on a piece of live rock.. he looks like a dolp..doing tricks

traveller7
02/13/2006, 09:31 PM
Assuming the water conditions are solid and the acclimation was proper; I don't think it is a primary infection caused by bacteria, etc. It sounds more like an attack by parasites.

It would be helpful to get more a more detail description of the "stings" to make sure we are not dealing with this:

Crypto (http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/marineich.html)

Based on the current descriptions and time frames it could easily be Amyloodiniosis or Brooklynellosis.

I tend to use the treatments as described on the linked pages, of course, the anemone would not be happy with any of the treatments if conducted within it's tank. You will need a second tank for treatment.

If the fish is eating, you should still have time to treat and have it recover, if a proper diagnosis can be found.

Might be helpful to post a few pictures.

Good luck.

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:40 PM
the fish got half of it's face stung by the carpet..i see little green bulbs..on the fish's face..dude..should i freeze the dude..

kharn101
02/13/2006, 09:44 PM
he is also trying to jump out the tank..

traveller7
02/13/2006, 10:59 PM
Post a picture in your gallery of the fish and the anemone.

There are too many variables and too little information in what you have provided.