PDA

View Full Version : best corals for my 29

animlamann
02/13/2006, 08:30 PM
i have a 29 semi reef tank. im trying to find the best corals that will adapt. i have pcs and a 50/50 on it. so far i have the well kown xenia,i have a ricordiea, bubble, toadstool, zoos, blastemousa and some galexia. although the galexia is not doing that well. ive lost at least 3 polyps. is it becuase my light is to weak or water flower or calcium or what might be the reason. also which corals would be the best under these conditions?:strooper:

MCsaxmaster
02/14/2006, 10:45 AM
The Galaxia might be failing for all the reasons you mention. It might also be having trouble with the soft corals, might not be getting adequate food, might be failing due to poor water quality, etc. I have no idea why it isn't doing well...you didn't give us any information that might let us help you.

Mushroom polyps would be well suited to that light. I wouldn't advise any other stony corals in that tank--stony corals and soft corals in the same tank (especially a small one) turns out badly more often than not IME. Other kinds of soft corals would be suited to the lighting. Anthelia does well in moderate light IME as does Capnella and Briarium.

Chris

animlamann
02/14/2006, 08:56 PM
ya,but my blastemousa is doing farley well and there is really no problem with that...

MCsaxmaster
02/16/2006, 07:57 AM
Ok...???

MNreefer386
02/16/2006, 10:15 AM
how many watts of pc? How much water flow do you have? What are the water parameters? This will help determine the problem and what corals to add.