PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Exquisite Wrasse

hawkfish21
02/14/2006, 04:32 PM
My Exqusite wrasse is having a hard time swimming. Most of the time, it lays on the bottom of the tank. I don't see any damage to his fins and he eats fine. I don't see anything else out of the ordinary. Is there anything I can treat it with? I have removed it from my 135 to my QT. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

leebca
02/14/2006, 06:34 PM
Not much to go on. Any other signs of anything on the fish?

Maybe if you provided more information we might get some insight.

Some additional information that may be useful:
How old is your tank? When did it originally cycle?
What kind of system do you have (tank volume, dimensions, bio-filtration method, the equipment you use, any carbon or other chemical filtration, kind of substrate, etc.).
List all specimens & sizes in the tank (fish, inverts, corals, clams, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc.).
If you have a refugium and/or sump, what is living in it?
Do you use a quarantine tank and procedure?
Foods you use and feeding schedules.
How long have you had this fish? If the fish was recently acquired (4 weeks), two more questions: Do you know what sea/ocean it came from? How did you acclimate it – what procedure?
Do you use any vitamins? Fat additives? Any elemental or other additives? Please list all.
Chemistries – please give actual numbers (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate, Silica, Ca, Alk., and any others you have)
Water parameters – please give actual numbers (pH and your pH range, salinity or sp. gr. & range, temperature range)
Do you see any of the following in your system: hair algae; micro algae;cyanobacteria growths; dinoflagallate (zooxanthellae) growths; brown algae; diatom growth; slimes; colored patches on rock or substrate; etc.?
Water changes (how much and how often). Kind of artificial salt you’re using.
List what you added or taken out of your aquarium system (living, decorations, and equipment) during the past 6 weeks.
Maintenance schedule. What have you done lately?