PDA

View Full Version : ok, another question

lortiz
02/14/2006, 10:18 PM
I just really want to thank everyone who has answered my questions. My boyfriend is really the one who is into this and had me sign up on rc. Well of course I did it because he wanted but I have taken such an interest in the tank that instead of asking him I now come on rc and do my own research. Thanks to all!!!!!!! You've been a great help.

Ok my question now :D We got this rock from a friend of ours about 8 months ago. This rock had a few tiny brown anemones. They have now unbelievably multiplied. They are very annoying and we want to get rid of them. Anybody have an idea on how to do this instead of sticking your hand in the tank and sqwishing them or pulling them out with forceps?

Fast Fred
02/14/2006, 10:25 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=514384

BlackOnyx
02/14/2006, 11:44 PM
take the rock out and put it in some vinegar they'll love that!!! =)

TekCat
02/14/2006, 11:56 PM
squishing or pulling will make it even worse. Every peice of the animal could become another one. If it is only one rock that's infected, then just pull it out and spread juicy paste of kalk (lime) where the aiptasia lives. This should burn the pest. However if it already spread in tank, ... get a peppermint shrimp, they might like snacking on it.

tkeracer619
02/15/2006, 12:01 AM
I added 5 pepperment shrimp to my pretty infested 150gallon. This was on friday and now all I see are the big ones. I might hit those with an injection but if the shrimp like them then I will probably leave them to eat the larger ones.

tkeracer619
02/15/2006, 12:03 AM
I have read on this board somewere that having these in your sump is good b/c they eat the ick parasite.

TekCat
02/15/2006, 01:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6744625#post6744625 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
I have read on this board somewere that having these in your sump is good b/c they eat the ick parasite.

won't the beast eventyally migrate to display tank?

lortiz
02/15/2006, 02:50 PM
Thank you everyone. And thanks to Fast Fred for the link. This is what we get for not doing research first and thinking that these were actually anemines that were going to grow into something.

Well, yesterday we just got a new bubble tip anemone. I believe he's full grown. It's unbelievable because our clarkie now is all in it. Kind of thinks he rules or something. We have now 6 anemones, and the two that it originally was with he no longer cares about them and just plays with the other 3. Our maroon clown quickly fell in love with our first bubble tip. We were going to move the new bubble tip to the same side of the maroon to see if he would get with the new one, but when we woke up this morning the clarkie was having a ball with it. I am really in awe everytime I see this tank. I don't even pay attention to our other two fresh water tanks anymore like I used to. Ever since I convinced him to get rid of the 3 catfish (which grew to be three huge pigs that swallowed anything you threw in the tank) and the eel (which I did like), and got into doing the rock and coral I have a new love for fishtanks as a hobby.

OK enough of babbling for now.

lortiz
02/15/2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, now I want to know if the peppermint shrimp will bother any of the anemones and how many should I get? I have about 4 rocks infested and a few on the glass.

I know I should probably ask my lfs but I really like coming on here. :rolleyes: :p