PDA

View Full Version : has any one converted a canister filter into a calcium reactor?

jasonkola
02/15/2006, 06:58 PM
I have seen a few home made calcium reactors on here. and they seem pretty cool and simple too. but I was thinking it would be really easy to build one from a canister filter. any one done this? did it work ok? any tips?

inlandreef
02/15/2006, 10:05 PM
I was just thinking about that today, using my Eheim Ecco to run carbon and phosban through it. Still not sure how it would work or how I could make it work.

paulfromero
02/15/2006, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I have some extra fluvals, so I'm interested, too. I use them for carbon, chemipure, phosphate remover, and mechanical/biological filtration, but would like to convert one over to a reactor.

cya,

Paul

sid700
02/16/2006, 09:08 AM
here you go...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=587186

jasonkola
02/16/2006, 05:32 PM
yes I read that one but was thinking about a converting a standard canister filter into one. it seems like is could potentialy be even easier. all a person would have to do is create a closed loop with the in and out hose. and add CO2 and a intake and outlet to the tank but the process would be basicly the same but you would not have to build the pipe inside or have an external pump. just a thought. not sure it would work.