PDA

View Full Version : 75gal. sea horse pipefish etc.. tank ?

drywalljohnny
02/16/2006, 09:32 PM
i have a 400 gallon main setup with a 120 gal fuge an 2 150 stock tanks for skimer etc....gong to loop in a new 75 gal oceanic r/r.what to make it basically seahores invcerts so in ..any suggestion would be great as in type of seahores,which shrimp crabs etc will go with them ans an small fish etc..any help would be great?also it has a c/l so i know not too much flow but any suggestions?
thanks..

drywalljohnny
02/17/2006, 07:24 PM
no one?:bum:

Swanwillow
02/18/2006, 02:49 PM
well, the problem is.... these questions are answered quite often.

crabs are a no-no. only ones allowed are small hermits.

very few fish.

go over to seahorse.org or sygnathid.org do searches, as questions. seahorse.org has a library that answers every single one of your questions, and that would be a good point for you to start out with.

Fredfish
02/18/2006, 03:10 PM
What swanwillow said.

I will add one thing. If you are going to plumb it into your reef system, that probably means your temperature will be at the higher end for seahorses. That will restrict your choices to the more tropical species like H. kuda.

Fred

drywalljohnny
02/20/2006, 06:08 PM
thanks to all..honestly dident think about the temp. problem with differnt seahorses...worst case if it comes down to it being a problem i could get a small chiller into my closed loop...we'll see thanks again for the links