PDA

View Full Version : Not all LFS are bad

BurntOutReefer
02/16/2006, 10:21 PM
went in today to get some Catalina water.....heard a guy say..."Hey...how much are those saltwater plants?"....
LFS says.."Those are anemones.....you dont want those"...
Nice. Short and sweet way to say, if you dont know what they are, you cant take care of them.....
Just my 2 censt for the day.

acroporid23
02/16/2006, 10:26 PM
LOL thats awesome someone should of punched that guys lights out :)

goldeneyeretrie
02/16/2006, 10:32 PM
Theguys at my LFS would say that too. They're OK I feel bad they get such a bad rap!

Lee_Bay
02/16/2006, 10:36 PM
My LFS has been great. The only thing I have to complain about is that he didn't try hard enough to sell me a bigger tank.:D ;)

acroporid23
02/17/2006, 12:17 AM
im very satisifed with one person at my LFS here in Lafayette IN very good knowledge REP to a guy named Colby although the owner is a complete A**

Joshthenosh
02/17/2006, 05:12 AM
i went to my LFS and said, hi my ph is low i think i need more flow can i have a power head please?

he said no, untill you find out u might be wasting your money do this (told me how to test, bucket water air stone check ph levels)

next day went back said yep o2 thing, then he said now you can have a PH haha

Andrew
02/17/2006, 06:04 AM
Better responce then what my lfs said... When I didn't know anything they told me they are great addition and they don't even need any lighting.

Saltywater
02/17/2006, 06:39 AM
I don't know why LFS get such a bad rap. I have three in my area that I goto on a regular basis. All three of them have very knowledgeable REP's.

Cutiewitbooty
02/17/2006, 08:47 AM
there are a couple here that are really knowledgeable,b ut some are just so busy they can't answer questions, they just grab whatever you say, take your money then kick you out the door. There is one in napels thats awesome and one here in cape coral that is really good too.