PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stocking suggestions for 75g

frank10
02/17/2006, 11:21 AM
So far, I have a Purple Pseudochromis and a Percula clownfish for my 75g.

I want to add a small percula to pair with my existing percula.
I also want an anenmome, such as a carpet anenome or bubble tip for the clowns.

I'm also considering:
small yellow or purple tang
watchman goby
peppermint or cleaner shrimp

I already have a fair amount of snails and crabs.

any suggestions or alterations?

PoukieBear
02/17/2006, 12:46 PM
Your list is a great start. There is nothing there that will give you problems.

If you don't have any corals, you can add a dwarf angel of any kind, but if you do have corals, beware that it may nip at them.

Some other small fish that you can add would be, Chromis, any cardinal fish, chalk bass, a blenny...

frank10
02/17/2006, 01:32 PM
I plan on getting some coral frags soon so I better hold offon the dwarf angel.

I'll have to look into the other fish you mentioned.

Loralie
02/17/2006, 04:53 PM
Jawfish are great little fish with super personalities. Try a Rainsford gody any of the watchmen gobies are great. The tang might be a big cramped in there. Also if you want color go with any of the Fairy Wrasses, beautiful fish, super color. Purple tangs get very agressive, I have a beautiful one and he is fine with my 5"+ Maroon Goldbar clowns and yellow tang, but any small fish would never make it. Another possible would be Bi-color Blenny, or black-cap bassolet.

frank10
02/18/2006, 01:03 AM
thank you both for the great suggestions

it sounds like a purple tang is for sure out.

I want to make one big livestock order to save on shipping.

Blazer88
02/18/2006, 01:17 AM
I have a Yasha Haze Shrimp Goby (avatar), Kole Tang, 2 false-percs, and three firefish in my 65. Everything is friendly and gets along just fine. I heard Yellow Tang's get pretty aggressive as well and that is why I went with the Kole.

frank10
02/18/2006, 01:22 AM
a few years ago, i had a yellow tang and it did well. i'll look into the kole tang some more though. what are the firefish like and the goby?

frank10
02/20/2006, 09:17 AM
What do you think about the lawnmower blenny?

will the watchman goby interact with the cleaner shrimp?

i have about 10 trochus snails and about 15 other small snails, not sure what they are. I have a few hermit crabs already, but I don't plan on getting anymore of them. I'm thinking of getting perhaps 10 nassarius snails and 10 more turbo snails? is that enough or too many? I'm figuring about 1 snail per 2 gallons.