PDA

View Full Version : MRC Hang on tank experience? Need setup help!

odoprelude
02/17/2006, 11:41 AM
I ordered this for my tank, and Andy does not have any setup instructions for this in writing. I have been trying to get this thing figured out for two weeks now... I am a newbie when it comes to setup on these things... especially w/o any instructions... can anyone here help me on this???? I am about ready to send the whole kit and caboodle back...

anthworks
02/17/2006, 12:22 PM
Is it a skimmer?

odoprelude
02/17/2006, 01:22 PM
JEEEEZZZZ!!! I am sorry... it is a hang on tank calcium reactor... sorry about that...

Bathypelagic
02/17/2006, 01:44 PM
Have you called or sent an email off to Andy. According to his website setup instructions are suppose to be included. I have never had a problem in getting a reply within 24 hours on an email.

myreef
02/17/2006, 02:16 PM
Chris...I thought you had everything figured out yesterday when we talked?

anthworks
02/17/2006, 02:25 PM
Andy will get things straight. That guy is very helpful.

odoprelude
02/17/2006, 03:29 PM
No.. been trying to get this thing figured out. I pvc glued the piece back in and I think we have all the parts we need, but the piece that I glued in leaked like crazy... all over my electrical stuff.. I don't have any experience with reactors or their setup so between not having the T connector and this leaking issue and me trying to wing the setup... getting a little discouraged... any help would be appreciated...

anthworks
02/17/2006, 03:48 PM
Without seeing the unit its hard to give setup advice.

chadfarmer
02/17/2006, 09:32 PM
i had one 3.5 model

hook everything up and than watch the little sucker go

to be honest with you mine was a POS compaired to a real reactor

everytime i took the hose of the top lid i broke the mag off and be careful the plastic that holds it on it not thick at all about 1/16 tube(flow was from bottom to top) and bubbles kept making my efluent stop and turned my arm to mush

if i were you send it back and get one that is bigger it will make a difference on your tank ph

odoprelude
02/20/2006, 10:07 PM
Chadfarmer, that's my problem... how do I hook this thing up? There were no setup instructions... I think I have it pretty much figured out after two weeks of fighting with it, but it still leaks on where the mag fits....