PDA

View Full Version : Reef treatment for ich made by Ruby Reef.

LoneStar45
02/17/2006, 10:46 AM
I was extremely leary of treating my reef for ich. I was seriously considering tearing down the tank to get all the inhabitants out to my quaranteen tank. I got a few out and and started copper treatment in my quarantine tank and I left the others with the live rock and my corals, softies and inverts and I took a chance on treating the tank as is. I purchased a product called Kick-Ich made by Ruby Reef. This stuff works and it hasnt caused any stress on my corals, inverts, snails crabs, etc...
If you dont want to tear down your tank, this stuff does what it says it does.
I'm very pleased.

tonypittman
02/17/2006, 11:29 AM
I've also used it with some success. It didn't kill my inverts. Did it clear up the ich in your tank? I don't think it totally got rid of all of mine.

Black Mammoth
02/17/2006, 11:31 AM
Didn't work for me

atkinsg
02/17/2006, 03:49 PM
Is not good. Please read here (http://www.google.com/custom?domains=wetwebmedia.com&cof=AH%3Acenter%3BGL%3A0%3BAWFID%3Ac12f9ba1e9294d73%3B&q=kick+ick&sa=Google+Search&sitesearch=wetwebmedia.com) to see what our friends at WWM have to say about it.

LoneStar45
02/17/2006, 03:54 PM
I have a tang that had spots on his side fins. It took a while on the treatment to get rid of them but they are definately gone. My last day of treatment was today. I'll definately keep you posted if it comes back. I am most certaintly not an advocate of praising something that doesnt work, in fact, quite the opposite, so I will definately let you know if it comes back.
Thans for the feedback and the links from atkinsg