PDA

View Full Version : Who's using Gamma UV's?

XtrmCHoPZ
02/17/2006, 08:43 PM
I have a 40 watt current gamma UV. I went to hook the lamp up to test it, and of course it burned out in about 2 seconds. Then the quartz sleeve cracked!!! I didnt even tighten very much!!! The first crack wasnt that big so i decided to see if it would screw back ok.............crunch, another huge crack! Its been almost 2 weeks and still havent recieved my replacement parts! Anyone else have problems with the lamp or sleeve on these sterilizers?

NexDog
03/30/2006, 01:35 AM
Why did it burn out? I just received a new one and it won't light and I see a small black scorch mark on the side of the bulb. The box arrived intact so it's not as if the custom guys plugged it in to take a look.....

flyingace2005
03/30/2006, 01:42 AM
Yea I had the same issue with my 15watt... I soon realized that you have to be VERY gentle with the tightening. Its a good thing that the sleeves are easiy to get and are also cheap. Mine i did when I first got it so I called CurrentUSA and they gave me a new one for free.

XtrmCHoPZ
03/30/2006, 01:47 AM
I dont know why it burned out but when I first plugged it in it lit up for a second then burned out. Current sent me 2 new sleeves after all the comlaining I did after the first 2 broke on me! Its been set up for over a month now with no problems. I was very careful when tightening the compression nut over the sleeve.

NexDog
03/30/2006, 02:14 AM
So they sent you a new lamp too? I'm not happy because mine looks burned and it never lit once so was delivered/sold that way. Anyhow, time is the most important factor for me because I need to visually check on my 6 lyretail anthias in QT. I have only been able to make out 3 at any one time in teh last week so I'm worried. So I'll just do a 100% water change I guess.

XtrmCHoPZ
03/30/2006, 02:51 AM
they sent me a new lamp and 2 quartz sleeves