PDA

View Full Version : purple up

tomndoe
02/18/2006, 07:25 AM
has anyone used purple up to promote coraline algea and does it work?

Andrew
02/18/2006, 07:34 AM
Well many people told me when I was looking into buying it thats its just a waste of money and if you keep your calcium high then the coraline will grow fast itself and I tried that and it worked.

Boat Racer
02/18/2006, 07:40 AM
Yes it works and it works great.I have been using it for years but in a thread just like this a week ago I was told its sand in a bottle and that basicly its A BIG CONSPIRACY:rolleyes: Its the only thing I use to dose calcium and it keeps my levels at 420.

You can get the same results however by adding calcium,mag and stronium too.Keep the alk in check and it should grw like crazy.You want a calcium of 380 to 450 for best coraline growth.:)

tomndoe
02/18/2006, 08:01 AM
unfortunately all my levels are good but my calcium remains very high 740 ppm, even with water changes it has not come down

fgarvine
02/18/2006, 08:06 AM
740? Wow. great for the life, bad for the impellers:)

I use purple up and like it. it really is just calc. Stront. and finding a good Mg suppliment helps it along.

Not a conspiracy. I test all new product I come across against a control group and the product does what it says. I can't attest to it's speed. The tanks I have manually dosed with individual solutions have responded in kind...