PDA

View Full Version : need info on commercial size skimmer

rip
02/19/2006, 07:46 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am an experienced S.W. aquariest.Currently have a 1500 gal system at my home.A 500 g acrylic in the house,2 homemades in garage,a 500 and 300 gal,all in series,sharing a common sump,pumps,etc.I have a restaraunt now with a SW aquarium I installed.I own a building and plan on moving the restaurant to the larger building.I am researching building a concrete aquarium along a wall,from 60 ft long[yikes] by 4 feet deep by 3 or 4 ft high.Somewhere between 6000 and 9000 gals depending on the hight,length.Building the aquarium itself is no problem[friend is an sw aquariest and general contractor].I need some info on the skimmer.I have talked to the manufactures of RK2,ETSS,etc.Have talked to Equatic Ecosystems.I like the Rk2 because they are setup for ozone use and can handle a huge system easily,but they are massive,9 or more feet tall.I use ozone in my home system along with a lg Euroreef skimmer and have great water quality and no disease problems.ETSS has much more compact units[downdraft instead of venturi and 1/2 the size],but ETSS says no ozone should be used or needed.If anyone has any hands on,practical experience with commercial size RK2,ETSS,or any other brand they have used or can recommend,I would appreciate the info.If I use the ETSS[much less expensive than RK2],then I would have to use some type of ozone reactor as I would not set this up without ozone.Trying to increase my overall knowledge of skimming and skimmers before I dive in to this project.Any possitive help appreciated.Thanks
Rip