PDA

View Full Version : Can I have a Goby in my FOWLR??

quietstorm
02/20/2006, 12:20 AM
Hello RC Swimmers,

I was looking into purchasing a Yellow Watchman Goby for my new tank. My Nitrite and Ammonia reads at 0; the Nitrate reads at 20 and the PH reads at 8.2. Salinity level is 1.026; tank temp at 79 degrees. So far I have (2) Magarita Snails, (1) Fancy Brittle Sea Star, and (1) Emerald Mythrax Crab. I just added the cleaner crew yesterday and will add about 14 more snails over the next week. Is the goby a good choice for a starter tank. I have 20lbs of Bio-Active Argonite Live Sand and 17 lbs of Fiji Live Rock. Will the Goby be comfortable in this environment? I have a 16 gal Bow tank newly cycled with live rock that was purchased partially cured. The tank has been up and running for about a month now. Also is it a good idea on adding a shrimp to the tank? My preferred choices are between the peppermint shrimp and coral banded shrimp. If anyone has any suggestions and comments please feel free to post them here>>>>>>>>> :bum:

egdevilboy
02/20/2006, 12:54 AM
May not be the best choice for a beginner fish but he will enjoy the environment.

Watchman gobys usually find a spot, burrow, and hang out infront waiting for food to pass by then eat.

Look into getting a watchman goby-shrimp pair. Its neat, the shrimp makes/maintains the house the goby protects it.

Coral bandeds are 1 shrimp/tank shrimps. He will kill any new inhabitants (shrimp wise...) Mine even picked on my dwarf lion because he wanted his food.

shag26272
02/20/2006, 05:10 AM
check out clown gobies too

idua
02/20/2006, 11:21 AM
As already mentioned CBS are aggressive and territorial. I would skip it since your tank is fairly small. If you have sand the above mentioned pistol shrimp and YWG would be a nice addition to your tank. Very entertaining to watch…