PDA

View Full Version : murders in the tank...and other questions

Fishyfreak031592
02/21/2006, 04:55 PM
Well, i come home from school and go upstairs to check on my tank, as usual, and checked around for my new clown goby that i had just bought friday...i look everywhere, until i see the goby's head in the mouth of my sally lightfoot crab...i seriously hate this effing crab now...before, about a fw months ago, i found it eating my sleeper goby, which was BIGGER than the crab...

My question is, did the crab kill the fish, or did it find it dead and eat the remains?

Also, i had bought i diamond goby on the same friday i bought the other goby, but i havent seen it since friday. Is it hiding, or is it dead also?:confused:

Yesterday i bought 4 peppermint shrimp for my aptasia, but i havent seen a single shrimp tough the aptasia. Does it just take time for them to find it? Because i have alot of aptasia and it needs to be taken care of FAST.......:(

Lucas

RBU1
02/21/2006, 04:57 PM
Get rid of the crap. He is doing it

Fishyfreak031592
02/21/2006, 04:59 PM
It would be impossible for my to get rid of it because everytime i put my hand in the tank, it dashes into the cave, and my rock is full of coral, so i cant move the rock......if i had some sort of trap, maybe....

mr pink floyd
02/21/2006, 05:08 PM
ok take a soda bottle, cut the top off, and stick it in backwards, so that he crawls throufht the neck of the bottle to get in, you might need to expan fht hole a little, jus tby cutting, btu you can put some food in there, liek mysid or silversides, he will crawl in, but no be abke to get out

dougchambers
02/21/2006, 05:57 PM
We just caught our Sally last weekend after it took down a Naso Tang. I'm surprised you have any shrimp left. It's likely you won't for long...

We caught our Sally by cutting the top off a juice jug, placing some rubble in the bottom to hold it down, and put some pieces of frozen food in the bottom of the jug. I placed the jug in the corner near some rocks 15 minutes before the lights went out. About 15 minutes after lights out, we had our Sally. It was quickly banished to the refugium. I'd estimate the body of ours to be larger than a silver dollar and have a reach around 5.5-6"

-Doug

Fishyfreak031592
02/21/2006, 08:28 PM
well if i catch it, where do i put it? I dont have another tank...

dougchambers
02/21/2006, 08:36 PM
Call a friend with another tank or bag it, tag it, and drop it off at your LFS. Is it worth losing more fish?

-Doug

TrojanScott
02/21/2006, 08:38 PM
As for the diamond goby, check on the floor behind the tank, or around it.... they're jumpers.

Fishyfreak031592
02/21/2006, 08:52 PM
i already checked the floor behind the tank and around:nothing...