PDA

View Full Version : Iwaki 55 tripping GFCI Help!!!

unsane
02/21/2006, 09:14 PM
My pump Iwaki 55 is tripping my GFCI all the sudden. I took it apart and checked it out and cleaned it, I didnt see any problems. Just a thin slime coat on the plastics inside nothing else. Anyone have or had this problem? I need to go to bed and go to work tommorrow knowing everything will be ok... Help Please...

supertech3
02/21/2006, 09:21 PM
Your pump may be drawing more current then before but usually it will clear up when cleaned. The other thing may be the GFI outlet going bad try maybe putting the pump on another circuit

unsane
02/21/2006, 09:24 PM
Man I cleaned it and then w/in 5 minutes it tripped again on the GFCI. I would run it straight circuit, but I dont want to burn down the house. Does it shut itself off if it gets too hot ?

supertech3
02/21/2006, 09:34 PM
I do not think that it will shutdown by itself , I was hoping that you could try it on another GFI outlet. Do you now have it hooked up to the outlet direct or with an extension cord and any other equipment?

unsane
02/21/2006, 09:40 PM
Well I ahd it hooked to american DJ, now its straight to A 20 amp dedicated w/no GFCI. American DJ is running mag 18 and lights(Lights Out). So far no problems, I am dropping a MJ1200 and another crap PH in for the night so I can get some sleep. I hope it doesnt catch on fire thats all I know.