PDA

View Full Version : got my new blue reef chromis at marinedepotlive

reg828
02/22/2006, 01:17 AM
got my new blue reef chromis at marinedepotlive. im happy with my fish. they all seems healthy. thumbs up for marinedepotlive. i would definitely order from them again. i had a bad experience with other online store, but marinedepotlive, i think theyre the best. now, green chromis, anything about this fish that anyone can tell me. they are very beautiful. i really like their color. they resemble shape of blue green chromis but a little bigger and can grow up to 5". is this fish hard to take care. they seem shy right now. i hope they come out and school like blue green chromis...

pvtschultz
02/22/2006, 06:30 AM
Omnivor that likes to pick food out of the water column. I only feed once a day but I do not use mechanical filtration unless I am cleaning the tank. This way any critters swimming out of my fuge, dead or alive, can remain in the water column until consumed. I feed a mixed flake only (Formula I and II mix) but I'm sure that they will appreciate some protein laden frozen or prime reef by ocean nutrition to go along with the Form. I and II. I have good luck with my B/G Chromis. The school loosely and are very active swimmers. Make sure to provide plenty of open water and rock space as they typically shelter in Acropora branches but mine do just fine in the caves of my reef structure where the sleep and dart to when startled.

UnderwaterExotic
02/22/2006, 06:41 AM
Make sure you post some pics

lbear
02/22/2006, 01:13 PM
I had good experience with marinedepot. Will try marinedepotlive some day.

How many chromis do you guys have?

reg828
02/22/2006, 02:21 PM
ok ill try to post some pics when i move them to my main tank. they are in the qt right now. i ordered four blue reef chromis from marinedepotlive.

reg828
02/22/2006, 02:27 PM
i am talking about blue reef chromis not blue green chromis. heres the pics and video clips from other source.

http://www.oceanfootage.com/oceans/search?screen=search&savesearch=1&keyword_sorter=cat&cat_keyword_sorter=and&keywords=blue+chromis

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/blue-reef-chromis-damsel---chromis-cyaneus-fish--damsels.html

note: this chromis are peaceful but slower and dont likely form a schooling in aquarium...

kingtoad
02/22/2006, 02:48 PM
That's a beautiful looking Chromis. I want some.

reg828
02/22/2006, 03:31 PM
suggestion. do not mix with territorial or bully tankmates. they dont defend well and slow, not like blue green chromis. if you add one add it first.

MiddletonMark
02/22/2006, 03:48 PM
I tried some, none lasted more than a few months.

I have heard that they are much less hardy than blue-green chromis ... and I guess in my experience they were.
Feed often, keep with mellow tankmates, keep water quality high.

And good luck :)