PDA

View Full Version : How Far the an RO/DI unit pump water too

samsfishnchips
02/22/2006, 05:16 PM
Hi,

have my RO/DI in a room and would like to move my water containers to another but there is not drain line, how far can a RO unit pump water to, and or how far can the drain line from then unit pump, trying either way, any tips, any negative? thx

sam

artful-dodger
02/22/2006, 05:33 PM
The RO unit isn't pumping water...it just relies on water pressure. As long as you're not trying to go up a level, I think you could easily do this...the water isn't flowing fast enough to have much of a problem with friction loss. Worst case, you'd need to use an adapter to increase the I.D. of the hose to perhaps 1/4". If you're using a float valve at the storage end, you would need to reduce it back down as well.

samsfishnchips
02/22/2006, 09:34 PM
artful-dodger,

cool, will test it out, by connecting a piece of tubing the length I need it should be around 20'-25' and measure the output and see if there is any change,

just though about the ration of production vs waste and though that might be impacted because of the length of the tubing...

and RO tubing is 1/4", you bigger? and not using float valve, thanks for the reply,

sam

RobinsonFam1
02/23/2006, 05:42 PM
you can raise it a floor also. always make sure your waste ratios are correct and tds is good.

i tied off main line before PRV in my home and added a seperate line just for my RO filter. this way i maintain 100 PSI and actually have 125 GPD at 1 tds.