PDA

View Full Version : Help I Need Help! Any Input Is Good!

mr pink floyd
02/22/2006, 05:33 PM
help me out this is my thread, any help is accepted!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showt...threadid=782723

about hangin crushed coral to sand andkeeping fish alive!

smy168
02/22/2006, 05:51 PM
no idea what this thread is leading to but what's the issue?

mr pink floyd
02/22/2006, 05:59 PM
i replaced my crushed coral wiht sand, the tank is cloudy, not sure what to do, i have 2 fisn in it, 2 fish in a tub, 2 fish and some corals in a 10 fgallon wiht my big light

jasutton
02/22/2006, 06:01 PM
i dint think the cloud will cause any problems...
what you could do is buy a sponge filter...it will suck everything out

good luck

Jamie

mr pink floyd
02/22/2006, 06:07 PM
i have a spinge filter in each of my carbon filters, plus the netting on the carbon filter packet

smy168
02/22/2006, 06:58 PM
patience....the cloudiness will go away and the fish should all be fine in the tank. the only other way to remove the clouds are to use a diaton filter but that's not really cost condusive.

mr pink floyd
02/22/2006, 07:16 PM
if i had a skimemr it would clear up faster, but i dont have one yet, that was next months addition wiht some Bday money

aural
02/22/2006, 07:44 PM
cloudiness is normal when you first put sand in your tank... give it a few days and all will settle.

mr pink floyd
02/22/2006, 08:44 PM
i know it is, im jst worried about my fish and shrooms dying nad my eather duster. the shrooms and feather duster are just in there to add to the ammount of LR, which will help reduce cloudiness or some reason, i also have 2 damsels in there, which are looking good, i saw one nin a corner. i have 2 biowheels goin wiht 2 sponges i nthem, i rinse that off every once in a while and it helps i guess, im not too worried right now

Drewcipher
02/22/2006, 08:53 PM
There isn't much you can do. The cloud has to settle. I guess a water change is the only thing to try. You should be able to siphon out some floating stuff and then put in clean water.

mermin
02/22/2006, 11:28 PM
bro get rid of both the bio wheels and sponges because they both becone nitrate traps. just wait fot it to settle it will be clear within 2 days. you are going to need to dust off all your corals and rock though because it will have sand particles on them after it clears

Evyllchyld
02/23/2006, 02:43 AM
What I did before I added the sand was rinsed all of it off with water to get any dust off, and then added it to my tank, and in a short period of time (a few hours) it was clear as a tank could get. I just suggest that for the future and I don't see the cloudiness you are currently going through as a problem. I agree with mermin that you should get rid of the sponges. When I was looking up how to setup my nanocube there was an overwhelming suggestion to not use the sponges because it traps so many things and no matter how often you clean them they are just nitrate traps. JMO

mr pink floyd
02/24/2006, 11:58 PM
ok i knew sponges were nitrate traps, so i only put them in to try to clear otu particles, i didnt know abotu the bio wheels though, my test kitr shows undetectable, or very very low nitrate levels sometimes, ill get rid of one one i get my skimmer, and il the the wheel out of the other and just run the carbon