PDA

View Full Version : Bob Fenner ripped me a new one.

jalisco
02/22/2006, 11:46 PM
I have been reading through mind numbing hours of FAQs on wetwebmedia and still do not have the definitive answer I'm looking for. I've been trying to find WATERKEEPER's thread on filtration but the search engine has been busy and going page by page has yet to turn up his thread. On a 140 FOWLR I was thinking about having a Lifereef over flow at each end, one that feeds a Lifereef skimmer and the other to feed a wetdry with a prefilter media and carbon then from there go to a sump or series of 10 gallon sumps. For fish only should I use mud in the sump, mangroves, live rock, macro algae or have a sump for each. I was also considering a closed loop for addition circulation but I don't know if all of this is more geared to a full blown reef tank and not a FOWLR. This is going to be a predator tank as I am waiting until after the wedding to start spending money on our reef tank. I wrote Bob Fenner asking him this after hours of reading questions he had answered about what his favorite fish is, his reply was "read.... stop writing and READ!!!!" there was more but I found that one to be the most helpful. A search tab for the FAQs on that website might be helpful. If no one has the time to answer this or has answered the same question so many times they've given up I would be just as pleased to receive any links which cover this. Thanx all... this has got to be the best hobby ever.

Shooter7
02/23/2006, 04:57 AM
Here's the thread you were looking for:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=707105

Another thing you can do to narrow down your search in a case like this where you know who the thread starter was, just click on that person's name...when their profile comes up, click on view all posts by this user, and you can scan down all their posts until you find the one you're looking for.

DHyslop
02/23/2006, 07:31 AM
Don't even bother with the RC search. Go to google, put in a couple search words, then type site:reefcentral.com into the field.

Dan

MayoBoy
02/23/2006, 07:35 AM
Here's a RC/Google search that isn't busy like the regular search

http://reefcentral.com/search.php?s=&menu=11

horkn
02/23/2006, 08:05 AM
thanks for the search tips mayo and DH.:)

why didnt i think of googleing before? :banghead

manderx
02/23/2006, 08:21 AM
i've never found anything on wwm to be interesting, usefull, or even coherent. i wouldn't let that place bother you in any way.

DHyslop
02/23/2006, 09:28 AM
I think a lot of the information is useful, but amen to the coherency issue. At first its kind of nice that they go through each question line by line, but gosh it would be a lot easier if they changed the color of the response text.

Dan

Johnsteph10
02/23/2006, 09:36 AM
manderx - I fully agree. A poorly organized, unhelpful site. The easy answer they often give you is to "read" - rather than actually answer questions. :)

BurntOutReefer
02/23/2006, 11:24 AM
Agree too on WWM....useless info passed on by mods who think they are the difinitve answer to all things........

Psyire
02/23/2006, 03:05 PM
The RC Subscription rate, for use of the search engine, is the best money you can spend on this hobby. It will pay for itself over and over.

jawaiianmon
02/23/2006, 06:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6810595#post6810595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Psyire
The RC Subscription rate, for use of the search engine, is the best money you can spend on this hobby. It will pay for itself over and over.

absolutely. costs less than most books on the hobby.

jalisco
02/23/2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I can understand how they get tired of answering the same question over and over, but I even wrote back asking for at least a link to their FAQs and he let me have it even worse. One small paragraph on here and you guys took care of me. Thanks again, when my tank is done I'll post pics to show what your help has produced.

Janice12
11/27/2018, 07:12 PM
Omg I'm laughing right now. Thank you

ostrow
11/27/2018, 07:28 PM
Holy dead thread!

Misled
11/27/2018, 08:04 PM
Omg I'm laughing right now. Thank you

You necro surfing again!!! :lol:

Janice12
11/28/2018, 05:23 AM