PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Monti frags

Stephany
02/23/2006, 10:37 AM
RD69's thread brings up a question I have...
I recently purchased a purple rim monti cap out of Sanjay's tank from Steve L... & I tried glueing it 3x with Loc-Tite.
It's shaped like a small bowl, with all but one point growing outwards. I tried gluing the thickest side edge of it, and having the bowl suspended to get flow underneath it.. and it kept coming off. Now there's a teeny black spot where it was glued. And I've had it just sitting on top of an ancient table acro live rock, so the lowest part of the bowl is the only part touching and it's polyps have been out and seems to be doing well.
But, how would these encrust in the wild? I would imagine the heaviest (lowest bowl part) would be the first part to touch ground... should I have glued that part?
This has some info I guess.... but what have you guys done yourselves?
http://www.garf.org/MONTCAPRISHOW/index.html

spoon25
02/27/2006, 08:10 PM
ya know when zooqi gets on, i am sure he could help u with that since we were there and saw excactly which frags you got....im sure zooqi will show you some good sites to look at when he comes back, he'll be gone a few days....hey i see your from syracuse, i was up there a few weeks ago at a frag meeting, were you there? it was on on january 14th...if you were how did you like the 10 gallon setup with the sps in it, they were awesome lil frags....

Stephany
02/28/2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, zooqi gave me the venturi valve for my skimmer.

SteveL always has nice frags. :)

spoon25
02/28/2006, 11:23 AM
thats cool, i remember he had them, but i thought he gave them to some guy, not a chicky...lol...i remember all the girls....lol...

zooqi
03/02/2006, 10:53 AM
is time for DIY for that I think :) and we can do that this week. You take super glue gel and put it on a small rock and then place the monti (back of it ) and sit it on the glue. A minute or two later put the rock where you want it in the tank. If you are going to mount it in the tank where you can't move the rock then you need to clear the rock very well and get the algae off with any sharp tool. Put the glue on the bottom of the coral and quick put it in the tank where you want to mount it. Quick twist and hold it there for few seconds and it should attach.