PDA

View Full Version : Okay.......???

Gwalker
02/25/2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=850

jaugat
02/25/2006, 01:21 PM
too bad tattoos are illegal in Oklahoma!

sadsak
02/25/2006, 03:18 PM
Not on fish or any other pets.. lol

ZC
02/25/2006, 04:39 PM
Wow that's a new one! Kinda cool in a mean sort a way

dugg
02/25/2006, 09:37 PM
They are legal here :). I have been working on getting schedualed for Chis Garver from Miami ink to do a full back piece for me for about a month now, maybe i should take my goby in for a little work too lol. He is in L.A. right now and doesn't know if he's going to come back yet or not. If he does you can all watch me get painted, if he doesn't, i will post pics when it's done. Should be June or July if everything works out, or in about a month if i end up getting it somewhere else. I'm thinking maybe a comas logo for the goby lol.

capnskunk
02/27/2006, 01:06 AM
Dude this is old news. I tattoed my fish a long time ago. They make great practice specimens. :smokin:

sadsak
02/28/2006, 07:34 AM
dugg keep us posted

dugg
02/28/2006, 07:44 PM
I will post some pics when i get it done. It is looking like the miami ink thing is a long shot at best. It turns out after over a month of trying to get something set up that those guys don't even work there. Most of them live and work in L.A. It's just a TV thing for the show that they are in Miami. Chris Garver told me Saturday, that he just goes to the Miami shop to film, and all of the work is pre schedualed by TLC.

Bikeweek starts this Friday though, so there should be some good artist in town for a few weeks. I am going to look around during bikeweek and see what i can find. I will post a thead with pics once i get the first sitting in. Should take several sittings to get it done. I am doing my entire back from neck to waist line. Believe it or not this is my first lol. Either go big or go home i always say.

exoticaquatics
02/28/2006, 08:49 PM
What style of tattoo are you wanting? I could maybe recommend an artist in your area if I knew what style you are looking to get. Ive been into tattoos for about 15 years at least. I am only 26 so it has been a big part of my life. I have been to several conventions and met several different artists. So I like to think I am fairly knowledgable about ceratain artists and their styles. And since you are wanting a major piece done it would be well worth it to get to know your artist, and work with them. As you know it will last you longer than any house, car or whatever else you can by, so a little research would be well worth it. So anyway, maybe I can recommend an artist to you. And definitly keep us up do date if you do start getting some ink.

dugg
03/01/2006, 07:34 PM
The tattoo is going to be a dark wreched cemetery with 4 headstones across my shoulders with the demons from hell rising from flames made of torchered burning souls dragging the souls from under the broken earth of the cemetery out of thier graves and into the pits of hell. I know this seems a tiny bit morbid, but it has a lot of meaning to it for me. Kind of putting a few things behind me for good. We won't get into that on the forum :). I want this artwork to be outstanding. Whoever does it needs to be very good with the flames and demons. I want the pain and agony of the burning souls to really show through. The souls that are being dragged from thier graves, will need to very closely ressemble the people they represent from photos. I can see every detail of the work i want vividly in my mind. If only i could draw something more than stick people and flies lol.

exoticaquatics
03/01/2006, 09:34 PM
Are you wanting this in color or black and grey? And how far are you willing to drive? Sounds like a good design. I have a few people in mind but wasnt sure if you wanted color or not.

exoticaquatics
03/01/2006, 09:34 PM
oops

dugg
03/01/2006, 10:43 PM
Yes i want color. As far as driving distance, it will depend on how many sittings it will take.

exoticaquatics
03/05/2006, 06:29 PM
There is an artist in Lake Worth Florida that does some great color work. Mike Pucciarelli, or Pooch is what he goes by. He works at Altered State Tattoo (http://www.alteredstate.net/) . He would definitly be worth giving a call. He stays booked up about 3 months ahead, but its not something you want to rush anyway. There are also a couple guys up in Georgia that are awesome. One is in Atlanta and the other is in Douglasville, just west of Atlanta. I know its a drive but sometimes its worth it to get what you want. They both work at Psycho Tattoo (http://www.psychotats.com/) , just 2 different shops. Deano Cook does some amazing work. He does lots of underwater scenes, probably the best at it too. Im not sure if his style would fit in with what you want, but hes worth taking a look at. The other guy goes by Miami, and does some amazing work as well. Whoever you choose just be sure to look at their portfolio and see how good their work is. Make sure their lines are solid and straight, and everything is proportioned correctly.

dugg
04/24/2006, 09:13 AM
I got started last weekend. I started out with this piece on my left chest that is for my son completing his fire/EMT training. The flames coming from the top of his helmet will trail across my shoulder and form a smoke cloud across the top of my back for the clouds over the cemetary. I found a guy here local that i like. His name is Brent Williams. He owns Mr. Williams Tattoo Co. in Taveres Florida. He did this piece totally freehand, (no stencil or drawing). It started out as my son's face with his helmet on burning through my chest, then transformed to the melting demon. My son had fun posing for it and watching me squirm lol.

I have to say, those are some tough fish lol, that hurts. Anyone that would say it's humane to tattoo a fish, might want to try one themselves first lol. I didn't expect it to be that intense. Pure self torture. Me and my left nipple aren't speaking to each other at this point lol. Actually, it's still screaming and i can't get a word in. When this finishes healing, the next step is a half sleeve, then it will all tie togeter with the back piece.

To answer the question OKAY????, I would say that it's not ok to tattoo anything or anyone that doesn't ask for it to be done. Self torture is one thing, inflicted against one's will, it's just pure torture.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/dugg/demon.jpg

captbunzo
04/24/2006, 09:22 AM
OT: Blacklight Tattoos

While we are on the topic of tattoos, check this link out...

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV_Blacklight_Ink.asp

BigScott
04/24/2006, 02:25 PM
thier only illegal in okla if you get caught...hehehe

BIG SCOTT

capnskunk
04/24/2006, 03:31 PM
It's actually on it's way to being legalized. The health board really pushed the issue this time because shops are operating around here anyway. They want to be able to regulate it, which is a good idea.

Dugg - You picked a rough place to get your first tattoo. They are'nt all as bad as the chest. I'm in the middle of getting a chest piece myself. Yours looks good. Keep us updated on the progress.

captbunzo
04/24/2006, 03:54 PM
So, what IS a good place to get a first tattoo. I am thinking about getting one and was considering either the side or back of my shoulder.

capnskunk
04/24/2006, 06:01 PM
Well sometimes it depends on what you want. Not all tattoos look good in the same spot. Are you finally going to get that butterfly design youve been talking about? :D Just kidding. The back of your shoulder wont be too bad. Your side would be a lot worse. But you shouldnt let that keep you from getting it where you want. It wont hurt forever.

captbunzo
04/24/2006, 06:53 PM
Who told you about my butterfly idea!!! JK... :)

I'm planning a cross. Probably this. And I'll probably end up getting it on the side of my shoulder. I am not quite sure what the right term for the location is - perhaps on my deltoid? Ah - whatever. When I get it done, I'll point. :)

http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooOne.asp?flash=6799

Just got to decide if I am going to wait a couple years for the wife to get less mad about the idea or just do it anyway and deal with the pain. Something tells me my wife's wrath might be worse then that of the tattoo.

captbunzo
04/24/2006, 07:24 PM
Here's a pic of it without the funny bands on that site...

http://static.flickr.com/50/134532633_f126afb14b_o.jpg

dugg
04/24/2006, 08:05 PM
Brent told me that i had picked one of the most painfull spots for it lol. I thought how bad could it be? You could skin me, and that tattoo is also in my rib cage. I am going to get everything done though no matter the pain. The pain stops as soon as the needle does, and it doesn't hurt a bit after. That one took 3 1/2 hrs non stop, so i would say i have around 20 to 24 more hours to go. I may just be a big wuss though lol. My son sat for 3 hrs saturday for a tiki on his thigh and barely flinched. Either i'm just a wuss or the chest is a really bad spot to get one lol. We will see in a week or two when i get the sleeve done.

lawboy888
04/25/2006, 01:25 AM
does this hurt? :D my wife is thinking about it...are there any good artists in OKC? I am too much of a wuss for this kinda stuff...she had her belly button pierced and that seems painful enough...what's wrong with you people :rollface: :D

mskohl
04/25/2006, 09:15 AM
In college, I took a friend to get a tattoo. She had an elephant put on her ankle - about 4" tall x 3"W. It hurt bad. They say though that the more fat/ muscle there is in the area the less pain. Now, for her, the pain didn't stop when the needle did. It was better, but that first shower wasn't fun and until it scabbed over it was really tender.

Also, I believe they are addictive. Every person I've ever met with a tattoo wanted to get another.

dugg
04/25/2006, 11:16 AM
Does it hurt?????? Try taking a straight pin and sticking it in your skin about 1/8 inch deep about 10 or 20 times per second lol. Better yet let someone else do it, that doesn't care that it hurts lol. YES it HURTS. It depends on where you get it done from what i am told, but on the chest, it HURT.

What is she planning to get and where? Be very carefull about letting just anyone do it. A good artist will have a large portfolio to look through.

capnskunk
04/25/2006, 11:24 AM
If your artist went 1/8th inch deep you are going to scar bad. I know it feels deep but it only goes in a few skin layers deep. Well, it should anyway. You can tell when a tattoo was drilled in someone. The lines will be raised and you can feel them with your fingers. It should'nt be this way after it heals. If any of you are wanting work done localy then pm me. I can set you up with a clean, experienced professional that does great work.

dugg
05/11/2006, 07:26 PM
The next installment :D . I got another piece of the puzzle put on today. This is a freehand piece that he just drew as he put it on. I had a general idea, and just let him go with it. This one didn't hurt near as bad as the chest piece did. It actually wasn't that bad. I am all excited about it. I think it turned out great. I will most likely add color to the petals of the lotus flower, but i am going to wait until it heals and the color selltles before deciding if i want color, and what colors to use.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/dugg/100_1009.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/dugg/100_1012.jpg

Youngsilver
05/12/2006, 05:18 AM
Dugg, that looks great!

When I got my joker done, it was by a freind of a freind, and was done with a guitar and a sewing machine moter...worste idea ever. It hurt worse then I'm allowed to say on this forum. It also ended up scarring. The plan was full color tattoo, but I could barely make it through the outlining.

Sloan I may have to hit you up on your connection sometime in the future

captbunzo
05/12/2006, 12:06 PM
I am anxious to get my cross done as well.... I'll have to post here if I ever get around to it...