PDA

View Full Version : compatible anemones?

kyliegirl
02/25/2006, 08:10 PM
There is many enemonies I would love to have, but I am scared that they may not be compatible with the other inhabitants and may eat them.

Most worringly I want to find an anemone which is safe for Mandarin dragonets to swim around, one which wont catch and eat them due to their slow movements.

If anyone could give me a list of reasonable anemones which wont be too much of a threat to mandarins and other fish, yet makes a nice host to clowns please tell me.

I was personally thinking of getting a Heteractis magnifica (i love their colours and anatomy) but i have no idea how big they will grow to or how they deal with fish like the mandarin.

BUDS8KICKS
02/25/2006, 08:39 PM
I was told today that a Sebae was friendly to other fish and clowns love them...

dzovi
02/25/2006, 09:11 PM
Might want to also post in this forum.
Anemones & Clownfish (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36)

It's strictly for Anemones & Clownfish.

ray-ray's_55
02/25/2006, 09:26 PM
before you just decide you want to keep an anemone do you have proper lighting. IMAO No anemone is safe. I work a LFS and that is exactly what i would tell you. If ou want an anemone that is least to move around tube anemone is wonderful choice. Clowns dont just host in anemones they host in a variety of coral.

YoungReefer06
02/25/2006, 09:30 PM
To keep a magnificent anenome you need at least a 500 gallon tank, and they eat fish the size of herring!
If you don't believe me ill post like 3 or 4 sources that say this.
I would try a small bubble tip anenome, i have one in a tank with a mandrian, although it is a small anenome and a huge mandrian.

-Kyle