PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone here have Carpal Tunnel?

Marc Daniels
02/26/2006, 01:09 PM
I had a series of cortisone shots into my palms again yesterday. and I wanted to compare my experienc with anyone else that may have had that. The bottom palm adjacent to the wrist becomes so tender over a 3"x1" area that I can't stand to have any thing touch that area for a few days.

Anyone have a similar experince with this treatment?

TAB
02/26/2006, 02:48 PM
sounds alot like what I went thru when I had the shots in my shoulder. for about 5 days even having the seam of a T shirt rub up agasint me hurt.

Marc Daniels
02/26/2006, 03:36 PM
Bingo! ANY pressure...glad it isn't just me. Not that I'm glad you were in that sort of condition.

TotalKhaos
02/26/2006, 05:06 PM
both my mother and father had surgery done on both hands due to carpul tunnel.

I saw what they went through pain wise and feel for you guys.

BoomerD
02/26/2006, 07:29 PM
Marc, I have a friend, (another crane operator) who has been fighting carpal for years. He went thru all the injections, and like you, was in a lot of pain, and unfortunately, they didn't help him a bit. He finally (and reluctantly) agreed to have the surgery for it, and, it didn't help much either. He lives with it, and using his hands all day for work, makes his life pretty miserable, especially in the winter, as it irritates his arthritis too. I feel bad for you folks who fight this stuff, as there really seems to be no guaranteed remedy for it.

Marc Daniels
02/26/2006, 07:59 PM
Well, if this doesn't work I'll probably be surgery bound.

How's the back holding up?

MandM
03/02/2006, 12:04 AM
Mark, catch up with me at the next meeting. I had surgery on one hand and avoided futher problems with exercises. The cortisone injection site will be tender for a few days and then should feel a lot better. You can only do the shots a couple of those before you end up with more damage than help. You do a lot of computer work? For God's sake, don't use a trackball mouse.
Sheila

Marc Daniels
03/02/2006, 02:47 AM
Will do ;-)