PDA

View Full Version : Sick Clown PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelleymmm1
02/26/2006, 09:01 PM
I have 2 purcula clowns or false clowns. Well ones face seems to be sinking in and there is a little white dot by her head. Also swimming funny at the top of the tank and breathing heavy and not eating. Please help I dont want to loose her or get my other clown sick. I can go to walmart but otherwise wait till the morning about 12hrs from now any advice would be appreciated.

mikersx02
02/26/2006, 09:06 PM
Sounds like you have water conditions that aren't in tune with a healthy fish environment. What are your water stats? Need more info.

kelleymmm1
02/26/2006, 09:22 PM
.25ammonia 00 nitrite 20 nitrate

kelleymmm1
02/26/2006, 09:24 PM
it looks like ick i saw on another thread Im not sure i have moved it to a bucket till tomorrow

smorrow5773
02/26/2006, 09:28 PM
I would highly recomend getting that fish into a hospital/quarantine tank so you don't spread whatever it has, it doesn't sound good. I see you are new to this, always have a second tank ready to go, since you have such small inhabitants, you could get 5 gal tank, heater, and sponge filter for around $25, keep the sponge in your back compartment to keep it biologically seeded. Keep a bottle of Amquel+ to get rid of ammonia immediately, and always keep poly-filter(it is expensive, but oh does it work, you could just keep a piece set back for emergency purposes. I am not sure what is wrong with your fish with your description and no water parameters, sorry. Best of luck.
Edit: If your are leaving in the bucket overnight, make sure you aerate the water, or it will die! Get that ammonia to 0, Amquel+ will work immediately, you can get it at walmart, but it reduces oxygen severely-must aerate

Psionicdragon
02/26/2006, 09:28 PM
Never heard of the face sinking in. Its mostly ick and/or lack of oxygen in the water. There are multiple threads about Ick in this section of the forum.

A couple of solutions/suggestions are:

-fresh water dip
-hypo
-copper
-formalin dip